Questionable tank mates...

Go down

Questionable tank mates... Empty Questionable tank mates...

Post  Ratlova30 2012-04-09, 22:56

So I finally got my woodcats and ram from Kaosu cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Everything is going great, the ram got his colors back after the very long 5hr road trip and he is such a sparkly fish. They'll soon be moving to my 36gal eclipse tank, having some difficulties getting the stupid filter to stop making horrible noises...Anyways I was thinking about it and I'm not sure what else I can put in the tank. The wood cats have some decent sized mouths that can eat decent sized fish and the little two inch Ram is a terror. So I need help... Here's the requirements....

-Has to be able to fit comfortably in my 36gal(3ft long, 1 ft deep, over 2ft high)
-Is large enough not to be eaten by the wood cats(needs to be a couple inches long and slightly meaty, thin fish will be dinner)
-Is durable enough to handle itself from the ram
-Is peaceful enough not to bother my wood cats

I'm really stumped on what fish might work. I'm not real big into getting fish just to see if it works, I need to feel 90% confident it will work before I buy a fish(s).

I thought about having him in with my jewel cichlids, but my jewel is twice as big and a lot more meaty. Plus I'll be adding more jewels that could gang up on him. Then I thought about the Honduran Red Points I'll be getting this weekend and trying them with him but they get twice as large as my jewel. I'm glad I have him but he's making things a bit tricky for me. He killed his ram girlfriend which is why he ended up with me. I've been kinda playing around with the idea of getting a bunch of rams, and maybe with a bunch of them it would spread the aggression?....

Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down