RCS eating fry?

4 posters

Go down

RCS eating fry? Empty RCS eating fry?

Post  Ratlova30 2011-10-25, 06:13

I'll be getting a colony of RCS (yay!) after putting it off for years. The tank I have designated for a shrimp tank won't be set up til xmas time so I decided to move my platys to another tank to avoid setting up another tank temporarily for the shrimp. The tank is a 20gal tall, moderately planted. I was wondering if the shrimp would eat platy/molly fry. I'd like to use it as a grow out tank for the fry until they're just old enough to not be eaten by the parents. I heard of ghost shrimp being little piglets for fry but wasn't sure if the same held true for the cherries.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

RCS eating fry? Empty Re: RCS eating fry?

Post  Kaosu 2011-10-25, 15:53

nope rtcs are 100% safe with fry...the fry might pick on the shrimp and eat the shrimp babies though.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2011-10-25, 16:18

The fry wouldn't be in that tank very long, just long enough to grow to a size that they can't fit in the parents mouth and they'll be moved back to the tank that the platys will be moving to, just would be nice to get them out of all the breeder nets. Idk I might set up a small 5gal for the fry but it would be nice to be able to utilize the entire top half of that that 20gal. Thanks for the help.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-25, 17:37

ya i wouldnt worry about the shrimp eatting anything up. they just kinda do their own thing. id honestly be worried about keeping fish in there with em. at first i had one male guppy in with em and he would eat the baby shrimp which drastically reduced my spawn sizes... o btw i have shrimp food for you as well. (not a lot but u dont need much)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2011-10-25, 18:08

I'll just put the fry in something else. Do you think brigg snails would eat baby shrimp? Thanks anthraxx. Do you want some some Hikari baby size pellets? I bought the biggest bag I could find a few months ago but then had to get rid of all my fish when my mother got sick. I don't plan on getting any more cichlids so this food is of no use to me but it was so pricey I didn't wanna toss it. I only used a small handful out of the bag.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  thesmartshrimp 2012-06-24, 23:04

i doubt it, ghosts do , not cherries

thesmartshrimp
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down