My planted hex tank

4 posters

Go down

My planted hex tank Empty My planted hex tank

Post  censeoflife 2010-06-03, 16:11

So this is my other living room tank. I have had it for the longest and the plants do better in it than in any other aquarium I have. The rocks trap so much waste that I don't have to add any fert. and the plants look great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Swimming around in there are 1 baby angel (zebra stripes), 3 tiger barbs, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 tetras (blue and red stripe) 1 pleco 5", and 2 green cory's.
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

My planted hex tank Empty Re: My planted hex tank

Post  CrashSmAshley 2010-06-03, 16:13

Beautiful! My rocks trap a lot of waste and such too. It saves money lol!
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-06-03, 16:17

censeoflife wrote:Swimming around in there are 1 baby angel (zebra stripes), 3 tiger barbs, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 tetras (blue and red stripe) 1 pleco 5", and 2 green cory's.

Tiger barbs should really be in a school of no less than 6. It cuts down on aggression and fin nipping. Very Happy
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  censeoflife 2010-06-03, 16:19

I noticed they where a bit aggressive. I will add some more. Thanks!
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-06-03, 16:23

censeoflife wrote:I noticed they where a bit aggressive. I will add some more. Thanks!

BTW awesome tank! In the future you will most likely have a problem with the Tiger Barbs harassing the fin's of the Angel fish. They are not recommended tank mates for any fish with "long flowing fins". Because of the Angel fish and the Black Skirt tetras I would remove the Tiger Barbs from the tank. A larger school of Black Skirt tetras with another Angel fish would be way better.

Last edited by IceBerg on 2010-06-03, 16:28; edited 1 time in total
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  censeoflife 2010-06-03, 16:27

Yeah I know, I am just growing him out a bit so it wont have a hard time in my big tank. And right now they (barbs) only seemed concerned with keeping each other in line. All in all they are very entertaining.

This is the angel tank in my bedroom. The power heads kinda make it hard for a little guy to put on weight. So I keep em in the lil one till they reach a quarter size. Then they seem to do really well after that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You can kind of see the white and marble (angel) one on the right side. They started out dime size in the hex tank too.

Thank you for the input.!!
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  IceBerg 2010-06-03, 16:33

censeoflife wrote:Yeah I know, I am just growing him out a bit so it wont have a hard time in my big tank. And right now they (barbs) only seemed concerned with keeping each other in line. All in all they are very entertaining.

Oh yeah. After the Oscar my favorite Tropical fish are definitely Tiger Barbs. I agree, those guys are very entertaining! Very Happy
IceBerg
IceBerg
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilydog 2010-06-07, 12:59

I love hex tanks. Don't have room to set up my 55hex. My gf said no more tanks in the house, and it doesn't fit in my garage. I guess I'll just live vicariously through others hex's. Looks good. If you want some taller plants to give some height let me know. Some rotalia indica or cryp spiralis should grow fine in a tank like that.

Lilydog
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  censeoflife 2010-06-07, 13:07

Lilydog wrote:I love hex tanks. Don't have room to set up my 55hex. My gf said no more tanks in the house, and it doesn't fit in my garage. I guess I'll just live vicariously through others hex's. Looks good. If you want some taller plants to give some height let me know. Some rotalia indica or cryp spiralis should grow fine in a tank like that.

Totally that would be great. I have been wanting to make an appointment with you to get some plants but I have been low on funds as of late ( just picked up a tank last week) Hope to talk much, soon enough Smile Another payday is always (knock on wood) around the corner. lol..
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down