Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

4 posters

Go down

Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS Empty Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-10-22, 11:21

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to sponsor a free lecture on rare and unusual Dwarf Cichlids by Chuck Rambo. Chuck has been keeping tropical fish as pets since 1967. His interest in fish got him started working in pets shops and fish stores while in high school to directly importing fish from South America and Asia, while attending college. After graduation he got a real job as a geotechnical field engineer and is still currently working as one today.

When Rift Lake cichlids were first introduced into the hobby he was immediately taken by them and had a strong interest in all cichlids ever since. He is a past Chairman and current Fellow of the American Cichlid Association. He is also the past president of his local club, the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association. He has been diving in Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika with Ad Konings. In 2009 he led a group of local club members to Florida to collect feral cichlids and visit tropical fish farms. His other interests include collecting antique aquariums and maintaining his collection of carnivorous plants. This will be Chuck's first visit to Seattle and is looking forward meeting new aquarists and making new friends.

The lecture will be Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 at 7:30PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West

Doors will open around 7:10PM; the meeting will start at 7:30PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Guests welcome; no entrance fee
Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building, no furry or feathered pets
Go to GSAS.ORG for more information and directions

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist on 2011-11-01, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS Empty Re: Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-10-28, 11:41

Hi All,

Chuck's talk on 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' is on Tuesday, November 8th at our regular GSAS meeting and is open to the public at no charge.

In addition, FOR GSAS MEMBERS ONLY Chuck has agreed to do a a second talk on 'Lake Victoria Cichlids'. The talk willl be on Saturday, November 5th. The information regarding the time and location is available to GSAS members in the "secure" area of our website; [URL="http://www.gsas.org/"]www.GSAS.org[/URL].

I hope you have the opportunity to attend!

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist on 2011-10-31, 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS Empty Re: Free Presentation On 'Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids' by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-10-31, 20:05

Hi All,

Rare and Unusual Dwarf Cichlids is one week from tomorrow!

-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-11-01, 09:48

Chuck Rambo's presentation on 'Rare and Unusual Cichlids' is one week from today, November 8th!!!
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-11-07, 11:00

Hi All,

Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening....don't miss this opportunity. I attended the Saturday Members Only meeting and Chuck did a great talk on Lake Victoria cichlids. I don't keep African cichlids but I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation. I am really looking forward to the 'Rare and Unusual' cichlid talk!
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-07, 19:29

im pretty excited myself. itll be my first meeting attended. and i LOVE dwarf cichlids! theyre my thing. hopefully itll be a fun time.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2011-11-07, 19:37

I'll be there as well. Too bad there's no way to identify other fishbox members to say hello. scratch
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-07, 19:38

lol ya really. ive considered name tags.. Razz also im not adverse to just standing up and yelling whos on fishbox!!?!?!?!? Razz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-07, 21:04

If everyone bought and wore the Fishbox T-shirts....

Wow, that's nerdy Very Happy
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-07, 21:41

you going up DMD? more then likely im tagging along with adal.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-07, 22:57

No, not going.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-11-07, 23:15

I like the fishbox shirts thing, I think we talked about this a year or so ago. I would totaly wear one. If it was black.

And no I'm not going Sad I have to be up at 4 on Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-11-08, 10:48

Hi All,

Yes meetings on a weeknight can be a hassle, especially if you get up early. Thank goodness most of our speakers allow us to video their presentations and make them available to our members. The most recent ones are being done with Blu-Ray quality. Members can check out DVD's from our GSAS Library; some are even available for download. Check out the GSAS.org website 'Resources' tab.

Hope to see you there tonight!

-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-11-09, 10:52

Hi All,

We had several of our WA Fishbox friends (both GSAS members and guests) show up for the meeting last night. I hope that you all enjoyed the presentation!

I apologize that the 'mini auction' ran much longer than normal; we will try to do better next time.

Thanks,
-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-09, 14:00

my only complaint is that your auctioneer seemed to make bids far too quickly.. i can understand you have a lot of stuff.. but maybe have him watch auction hunters and other similar shows for ideas of how these things should go Razz lol.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2011-11-11, 14:11

Hi Anthraxx,

Thanks for the comments! We had way more stuff to auction than normal and we are supposed to be out of the building by 10:00 (which we did not make) so the pace was really hectic. More importantly I hope you enjoyed the presentation.

Our next meeting that will be open to guests will be on January 10th.

Thank you to all that attended.

-Roy
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down