Madness's fish family Load Warning!!

+3
VsKitchen
fishman09
Madness
7 posters

Go down

Madness's fish family  Load Warning!! Empty Madness's fish family Load Warning!!

Post  Madness 2011-10-16, 22:00

Took a few pictures last night and I would like to share them with you all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Madness's fish family  Load Warning!! Empty Re: Madness's fish family Load Warning!!

Post  fishman09 2011-10-16, 22:23

wow Very Happy
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Madness's fish family  Load Warning!! Empty Re: Madness's fish family Load Warning!!

Post  Guest 2011-10-17, 00:02

Very nice, always happy to see when you post pics.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-17, 18:45

I keep coming back to look, really great fish.

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-10-17, 20:47

Nice looking fish. What's that in pic #12? And are those redish & black spots?

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-17, 20:50

Thank you. Pic 12 is the Vieja Argentea, and those are black spots on the body and reddish on the fins.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-10-18, 10:05

Very Happy neat. nice looking fish, madness. good job Very Happy

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-18, 13:01

VsKitchen wrote:Very Happy neat. nice looking fish, madness. good job Very Happy

madness your evil plan is working! Keep posting pictures and you will convert another to cichlids... LMFAO
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2011-10-18, 13:32

has that male freddy ever tried to pair up with your rtms?
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-18, 13:36

DMD123 wrote:
VsKitchen wrote:Very Happy neat. nice looking fish, madness. good job Very Happy

madness your evil plan is working! Keep posting pictures and you will convert another to cichlids... LMFAO

I am trying. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No on the pairing. I think everything in that tank is female, plus the 2 RTM females are considerably larger than the others.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-10-18, 15:23

hehe Smile lol

No more tanks for me until we stop renting, buy a house & I wouldn't have to move them. Smile But I'll keep watching the vids & pics you guys post to plan what I'll do eventually Very Happy There are so many really good looking fish that y'all post pics of - it's easy to play the what-if game.

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-18, 16:16

I got a good what if...... what if you got a 180 and stocked it with fry from madness... then you could post some of those cool videos and pics.... lol j/k... it does suck to mive big tanks. It adds a few extra days onto the the move if you have multiple tanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-10-18, 17:15

Laughing exactly Smile and some of the pics from Betty - some of hers are preeetyy and some of the lobster/crayfish/shrimp pics are so neat. Oh, and I once saw a jellyfish that looked very different. And then I'm thinking of all the SW possibilities...

I'd love to have a big tank. I just don't even know what I'd do with it... Smile So many choices

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-18, 17:54

Yeah, I understand. I have traveld through most all aspects of aquarium keeping. And it has been fun withh all of them. I had never really tried to hard with africans and that's why I'm giving that a go. To me the most rewarding so far has been the big c. American cichlids. Because of there parenting and personality.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-18, 18:03

I really enjoy the central American cichlids but I appreciate a community of mixed fish. Even my silver dollars for how dumb the are have interesting personalities and are slaves to their stomachs and have at times shocked me with how interactive they can be.

I was away from the hobby for over 20 years and one of the last fish I raised was a Midas, so when I got back into fish that is where I picked up again with a Midas. It had left such an impression due to personality that I knew I wanted another.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-10-18, 20:15

I like my midas, I just wish it wasnt such a big orange pig!

pig
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-19, 01:24

Zerc wrote:I like my midas, I just wish it wasnt such a big orange pig!

pig

haha haha haha haha haha haha haha EXACTLY haha haha haha haha haha haha haha
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-19, 13:00

Big orange pig? pig No way!

Mine is a food connoisseur, it just appreciates all food in larger quantities! Very Happy
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-19, 13:49

Laughing Laughing
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-25, 07:01

i love your bleekeri. really gorgeous fish. probably has quite a bit of growing left to do. did u try getting a pair going of those? ive read on other sites and such that they breed for life. not sure how well this holds true as i ended up killing my 2 year old a few years back. he had such personality that it killed the hobby for me for quite awhile.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-25, 09:46

I'm pretty sure that's a polleni and not a bleekeri, look at the spotting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-25, 13:52

Anthraxx wrote:i love your bleekeri. really gorgeous fish. probably has quite a bit of growing left to do. did u try getting a pair going of those? ive read on other sites and such that they breed for life. not sure how well this holds true as i ended up killing my 2 year old a few years back. he had such personality that it killed the hobby for me for quite awhile.
Thank you. Very Happy
Always wanted to get a Bleekeri. Had to settle for a Polleni. Sucks about yours, I have my Favs and it would suck big time to lose 1 of them.

fish_n_vw wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a polleni and not a bleekeri, look at the spotting.

It is, the guy was selling it as a bleekeri, told him that it was a Polleni, but he said it came in a Bleekeri so he was selling it as such. scratch confused scratch You would think they would know the difference, or at least find out.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-25, 14:06

Some people!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-25, 14:36

fish_n_vw wrote:Some people!!

Ya.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-25, 15:11

lol wow. just shoot me down. w.e at least i knew it was a Madagascar cichlid Razz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-25, 15:16

Im sure the "some people" comment was directed towards the store owner. Laughing
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-25, 17:56

lol i just looked it up online... turns out they lumped a ton of the madagascars into the classification paratilapia polleni for the time being.. so technically he may have been right at the time.. lolz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-25, 18:04

Just bought him a week ago. So nope, he was wrong. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-25, 18:46

lol cant ever be right with u monster fish keepers Razz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-25, 19:50

You know if you ever saw my collection, you would drop those little colorful fish, and start hangin with the big fish. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-26, 12:46

Anthraxx wrote:lol cant ever be right with u monster fish keepers Razz

What monsters are you talking about? These are just regular fish to us. They really are not monsters until you get Aripima sized. Very Happy
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-10-26, 14:36

lol god you guys keep trying to harass me into converting. been there done that CA/SA thing. hated having to deal with 300+ babies every three weeks.. plus i just like my africans. more spunk and very specialized in the area they occupy in the aquarium... meanwhile most of those "big guys" r just add water and watch me swim Razz. sure if i had madness water i might be more prone to switch over but i dont. i have the curse of all males all the time with my water.. (no joke 1 in 10 is a female with my luck)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-27, 12:36

Anthraxx wrote:lol god you guys keep trying to harass me into converting.
Spot On Yep, and we will continue until you do! Very Happy

Anthraxx wrote:most of those "big guys" r just add water and watch me swim Razz.
boxing Those are fightin' words! LMFAO
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-27, 15:01

I agree with D on both those statements... and btw anthraxx just picked up a 125. I helped him unload it. He has a tank big enough now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-27, 15:05

fish_n_vw wrote:I agree with D on both those statements... and btw anthraxx just picked up a 125. I helped him unload it. He has a tank big enough now.

Maybe you can help him set it up and get his decor looking good. Sooner the better. Laughing 125 is plenty of room for a hand full of grow outs for about a year. Very Happy

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-27, 15:47

Anthraxx stopped by last night for some filter media and saw my tank. All he could picture was 210g of little African cichlids... Sad Sorry guys, I tried, I really tried but he just needs to get these little fish out of his system first! LMFAO
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-27, 16:20

Well by me expanding my horizons and setting up a african tank. Hopefully in time we will be able to encourage others to get a little more into the c. Americans.. I would love to see what larry beck, and betty could do with some big guys in big tanks. I bet they would have really cool setups.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-10-27, 16:40

The "big guys" can be intimidating because you need room for them, but they are so worth it. I love when I walk into the room and my fish respond to me. They totally watch me. Shocked

Have to agree with you about loving to see what some of our African keepers could do with C. Americans. I think this is a challenge....
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-10-27, 16:43

I think it would be more of a challenge for them, than it would be for us. But JMO.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-11-04, 00:42

You have an AWESOME collection!
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-11-04, 02:10

JK47 wrote:You have an AWESOME collection!

Thanks a ton. Hopefully my Dovii pulls through so my family wont end up -1. Sad
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down