info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits

4 posters

Go down

info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits Empty info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits

Post  hobbyorobsession 2010-06-02, 22:46

i was given this information today on another site aquariacentral.com.. i think others might find it useful..i was getting different reading using the same ammonia test kits that were several years old.. i was asking what the experation dates were for those kits. this link gives an explanation and some trouble shooting for test kits.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits Empty Re: info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits

Post  protocl 2010-06-02, 22:51

oh yes, that is a good thread.
that thread proved that my kit was expired, a while back.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits Empty Re: info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits

Post  Kianna 2010-06-02, 23:49

Great information! Mine is due to expire sooooon.....

Thanks for sharing the info
Kianna
Kianna
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

info from another site regarding api ammonia test kits Empty Liquid reagent test kits in general

Post  Lilydog 2010-06-06, 23:37

I've noticed on reagents it's super important to invert and shake reagent bottles vigerously before use. The last half of reagent is allways erroroneus if not mixed evenly from start. This is true even if you test a lot and burn thorough your test kit in a month or too. I have used well mixed expired kits no problem when compared to brand new kit (same brand..I've tested API and red sea brands liq reagents) kit as a control. You can then use same brand new kit; do test with carefully not shaking bottle, then do one and mix/shake bottle well. You will be amazed at how different results are.

All this said I still like liquid tests better than strips. Once bottles of strips are opened the air gets in and oxidizes them. I say you have a month to use up strips once you expose them to the air or they are oxidized beyond all use. Compare new bottle of strips to one a month old(to be scientific and not biased about it) and you won't waste your money on strips anymore. Talk to you later
-lilydog

Lilydog
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down