New from Lacey, Wa

3 posters

Go down

New from Lacey, Wa Empty New from Lacey, Wa

Post  clarkai 2011-08-07, 22:20

When I was a kid, I had many tanks (seriously, one whole wall of my bedroom was filled with ten, fifteen and twenty gallon tanks), bred guppies, sword tails, bettas, and danios. Went to college and thus couldn't keep fish any more, but now I've graduated, settled down in a house, and am looking to get back into aquariums.

I currently have one 30 gallon fish tank with a couple guppies in it. I'm looking to get back into fish big time as I really enjoyed it as a kid. I'm thinking about getting swordtails, corydoras, badis, pearl gouramis, cherry shrimp and apple snails- maybe even jewel cichlids- obvously not in the same 30 gallon tank Smile. I figure I'll reintroduce myself with the easier ones, and then move on to the more difficult species. I also want to try to grow better plants this time around- by which I mean I hope to be able to grow something besides java fern and java moss and water hyacinth.

I'm already thinking about setting up a fish room, but I keep trying to tell myself to take it slow, so we'll see how that goes.

clarkai
Fry

Back to top Go down

New from Lacey, Wa Empty Re: New from Lacey, Wa

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-08-07, 22:55

Well hello! I recently picked up fish keeping this year and i now have 8 tanks ranging from 5-200 gallons. I breed black Moscow, red eye red grass, and platinum mosaic guppies. I'm also breeding cherry red shrimp and I'm impatiently waiting for my daffodil cichlids to start pairing up!

If you're ever up in bremerton I'm looking to thin out some of my fish.

Enjoy the site!

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  clarkai 2011-08-07, 23:14

Ooh, do you have any pics of the platinum mosaics? I'm still trying to figure out all the different variety names for guppies.

Daffodil cichlids were my favorite fish I never got as a kid- we had really soft, neutral water. I love them, and their communal raising of fry, but want to get a handle on raising fish again before getting anything that needs pH or hardness adjusting.

clarkai
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishloverRon 2011-08-08, 01:50

Clarkai,
I have some couple month old Kribensis. You're welcome to some of them. I'm in NE Tacoma. Not tooooo far away!
Ron
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-08-08, 09:10

I'll get you some pictures, they have been slow to mature unlike the black Moscows. Never thought I would get impatient waiting for guppies to do their thing!

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  clarkai 2011-08-08, 17:54

fishloverRon wrote:Clarkai,
I have some couple month old Kribensis. You're welcome to some of them. I'm in NE Tacoma. Not tooooo far away!
Ron

Hmm, my hardness is in the 3 to 6 range with a pH of 7.2- do you think they'd do ok in that? I'm going out to mom's tomorrow to pick up some of my old equipment- hopefully it works still- maybe I'll be able to come get some in a little while?

clarkai
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down