Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

+2
Mikey
JK47
6 posters

Go down

Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn  Empty Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

Post  JK47 2011-05-29, 16:43

This pair consists of a 2" TL male andfemale. They just spawned for me this morning. The smallest species I've ever had spawn for me. This is them in breeding dress about an hour before spawning. Hopefully I can move them to another tank and retain some of the fry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn  Empty Re: Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

Post  Mikey 2011-05-29, 16:44

Wow they are gorgeous - and small! Congrats man!
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn  Empty Re: Herichthys carpintis "escondido" pair/spawn

Post  JK47 2011-05-29, 17:15

Mikey wrote:Wow they are gorgeous - and small! Congrats man!

Thanks Mike!!!
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-05-29, 17:45

WOW. they looks so nice... i like it... ^_^
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-05-29, 17:46

You should enter a picture for POTM beerchug
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-05-29, 17:50

WhosUrDadi wrote:WOW. they looks so nice... i like it... ^_^

Thank you very much! Very Happy

Mikey wrote:You should enter a picture for POTM beerchug

No POTM quality for me, I only have a sony P&S. I really need to invest in a DSLR setup. I've been eyeballing the Nikon D90 from a freind but haven't pulled the trigger. I am a moderator over on monsterfishkeepers and really need to step up my game.. Everybody is making me look bad lol!
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-05-29, 18:09

get the nikon D7000 , its the newer version of the D90
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-05-29, 18:16

WhosUrDadi wrote:get the nikon D7000 , its the newer version of the D90

This will be my first SLR so I want to save a little and learn a little. My buddy advised I should pick up a D90 since there will be a ton of used ones being sold since the D7000 came out. Seems like sound logic to me. I sent in a POTM entry for you guys like you asked. [crosses fingers] what camera are you using?

Is anyone else supprised to see such a small species spawning? Is this normal for H. carpintis? This is the first species I have kept. I try and geets some pics of the eggs. They burried themselves pretty good though!
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  WhosUrDadi 2011-05-29, 18:18

just using a regular digital camera for now... still saving for D7000... ^_^
WhosUrDadi
WhosUrDadi
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-05-29, 18:29

WhosUrDadi wrote:just using a regular digital camera for now... still saving for D7000... ^_^

Good I'm glad I'm not alone haha! Got pics of the spawning in progress. This pic is edited/brightened so you can see the eggs on the blue airstone/bar (it's off right now) the second pic is the same one, just the original un-edited version.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  HALP 2011-05-30, 00:04

JK47 wrote:
WhosUrDadi wrote:get the nikon D7000 , its the newer version of the D90
Is anyone else supprised to see such a small species spawning? Is this normal for H. carpintis? This is the first species I have kept. I try and geets some pics of the eggs. They burried themselves pretty good though!

I had a h. cyno spawn with a cuban at just over an inch, they are as bad as convicts
HALP
HALP
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfeeney 2011-05-30, 00:33

Mine have spawned a lot at the 2" female and 3" male mark,,, just discovered another batch of wrigglers tonight while setting up my 135g
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-05-30, 00:35

Had a pair of Texas spawn at 2-3". Now Aaron gets to deal with them. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfeeney 2011-05-30, 00:37

They are mean as hell when spawning, took half of the 100g for territory with Loselli, red devil, GT, and plecos.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-05-30, 18:47

Great feedback, thanks guys! I can't wait until these two put on a little size. They are going to be show stoppers for sure.
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down