I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope

+3
Adonijah
TexAveri
Kaie
7 posters

Go down

I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope Empty I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope

Post  Kaie 2011-03-09, 22:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BAM!

Theres two rams in there... Stock list to be added soon.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope Empty Re: I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope

Post  TexAveri 2011-03-09, 22:48

Very nice!
Any plants to be added?
TexAveri
TexAveri
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope Empty Re: I said i wanted to do a amazon blackwater biotope... and by god i did a amazon blackwater biotope

Post  Kaie 2011-03-09, 22:54

yeah im not sure what will grow.. its pretty low light.. i would like some grass or swords and some moss...
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2011-03-09, 23:50

Whats your plans to stock? I like the looks of it. It makes me think my 75 has too much rock work going on, as per because they are always hiding. That tank looks open and beautiful.
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-03-10, 00:05

Adonijah wrote:Whats your plans to stock? I like the looks of it. It makes me think my 75 has too much rock work going on, as per because they are always hiding. That tank looks open and beautiful.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope i can find some low light plants that will go good.

All the fish iv'e chosen are partial to warmer acidic waters.

Current fish
  • 2x German rams

Fish coming from Big Fish Aquatics in Marysville

• 3x black angels. Like these.

• 6x Threadfin rainbow fish

Fish im picking up on friday from a forum member.

• 2-4x Bolivian Rams.

Future fish.

• Peacock Gudgen
  • Forktail blue-eye rainbow fish.
  • 3x Angels soon
  • Maybe a discus? I don't really like them but it would be a great addition to the theme.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2011-03-10, 01:36

that is one lamborghini style looking angel!
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TRD_Power 2011-03-24, 17:46

Looks awesome! I'd definitely add in some Anubias, maybe an Amazon sword or 3, and some small patches of moss. All low light and the mixture of bright and dark greens would go well in there! I use Lace Java ferns in between the cracks of my rocks and it looks REALLY cool. Keep up the great work!
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TRD_Power 2011-03-24, 17:52

Oh, and before I forget... Your layout would be PERFECT for something like this guy did with his Java ferns:

Just figured I'd throw in my .02 Smile
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2011-03-24, 20:11

WOW!!! really nice tank.. I have some extra Amazon swords for sale (3.00 each) if you want some. there only 3 to 4 inches tall but will grow fast. Let me know
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flo77 2011-03-25, 10:16

Good job, Kaie!

Looks awesome! I'd definitely add in some Anubias, maybe an Amazon sword or 3, and some small patches of moss. All low light and the mixture of bright and dark greens would go well in there! I use Lace Java ferns in between the cracks of my rocks and it looks REALLY cool. Keep up the great work!

Oh, and before I forget... Your layout would be PERFECT for something like this guy did with his Java ferns:
What have Anubias, Java Fern, moss or Pogostemon helferi(in the picture) to do with an Amazon biotop ?

flo77

Back to top Go down

Post  TRD_Power 2011-03-25, 16:22

Everything. That's what. rabbit Plus if you read 3 posts down, he says that he wants to plant some swords, moss, or grass. Figured I'd throw in some ideas.
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down