In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :(

4 posters

Go down

In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :( Empty In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :(

Post  Llovsbarbie 2011-01-22, 00:21

Okay,
For the last week he hasn't been wanting to eat and I didn't think anything of it due to that being common every once in a while for snowflake eels, but just last night I caught him doing this and now think
there is something more. I cant honestly think of what could be wrong. I added the video so you guys can see and maybe even possibly help. It almost seems as though he has a crook in his neck and cannot swim
right. What would cause this.
I just did water test and everything is in tip top shape. What else could be wrong. He has never acted like this. I am very persistent about weekly tank cleaning and water changes. I feed him frozen shrimp and krill
(more shrimp has been on his diet lately).
My poor baby seems to be in a pain and I dont even know if there is anything I can do. Any advice is welcomed!

Also, I have read a little and it seems to be with something with his slime coat (noticed the stringing stuff on him?). Anything to fix that? Any vitamins or meds recommend? Thanks.
pale

Link:
Llovsbarbie
Llovsbarbie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :( Empty Re: In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :(

Post  lilfishie 2011-01-22, 01:05

PM sent
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :( Empty Re: In pain and ill Snowflake eel...what to do?? :(

Post  CrashSmAshley 2011-02-04, 20:33

How is he doing now?
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Post  Llovsbarbie 2011-02-05, 01:55

Sorry, been quite busy.

Well what ever it was, he is no longer doing his sad swim. He has actually started eating again. I see some hope for him. It just really bugs me because I have no clue what was wrong with him. Thankfully he is doing much better. Actually surprised to see him come around from that. I was truly scared I would be saying good bye.
Llovsbarbie
Llovsbarbie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2011-02-05, 02:29

Maybe he just had a really bad itch and couldn't quite reach it lol!
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2011-02-06, 03:19

Glad to hear he is better
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  Llovsbarbie 2011-02-07, 01:41

I spoke to soon. Last night after coming home he was doing the same thing. My husband woke up this morning to him passed away. I am quite shocked because I really thought he was doing better (started eating and every thing!) and all of a sudden it turned ugly. RIP snowflake Sad
Llovsbarbie
Llovsbarbie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-02-07, 01:46

Oh man that blows
sorry about your lost barbie I always hate loosing fish specially expensive ones
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lilfishie 2011-02-07, 02:11

Oh, darn, I'm so sorry. Too bad we really dont know what happened.
lilfishie
lilfishie

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2011-02-07, 18:24

I'm sorry about your loss Sad
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down