Green Water in Fry tank

4 posters

Go down

Green Water in Fry tank Empty Green Water in Fry tank

Post  Kingstature 2010-04-20, 21:10

My flower horn fry tank has algae bloom in the water extremely bad..
I think its perhaps cause I left the lights on a couple nights in a row as I fell asleep staring at the little buggers.. I can usually cure this issue in a matter of a week, but this I time i have no idea what to do cause Fry have only been free swimming for two days..
I suppose i could leave the lights off for a few days?
but then what fun would that be..
Anyone have ideas on what i can use that wont hurt my fry in anyway shape or form?

cherry
Kingstature
Kingstature
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Green Water in Fry tank Empty Re: Green Water in Fry tank

Post  hbluehunter 2010-04-22, 09:25

I would just leave the light off for a few days, and also do a couple good water changes.. I had that problem in my big tank and i changed my timer to keep the lights on for only 6hrs a day, and did a few big water changes that week.. That and i changed my bulbs and the algie was gone in days..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Green Water in Fry tank Empty green water

Post  Brenn 2010-04-22, 21:43

Changing the lighting spectrum may help a bit. Avoid lights that offer excessive yellow to red shifts of the spectrum. Additionally old lights shift to the red end of the light spectrum as they age. Add as many plants as you can to suck up the stuff the algae want. or just a add i few i know you want to be able to see the little buggers sunny
Brenn
Brenn
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-05-06, 01:37

If you have tried everything stated above and still have issues (happened to me once), I did use a chemical to kill alge... it didnt harm the fish at all.... the tank was crystal clear..... Now, I did everything I could before going that way though.... well except buy a pleco, I didnt have room in the tank.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Green Water in Fry tank Empty It was all about the lighting

Post  Kingstature 2010-05-06, 02:52

Oh yeah I got it handled, It was all about the lighting spectrum.. My Employee forgot to change out the reptile tube for the aquarium daylight one like I had told him too... But yeah all taken care of thank you... king
Kingstature
Kingstature
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down