Dwarf Cichlids

5 posters

Go down

Dwarf Cichlids Empty Dwarf Cichlids

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-10-10, 18:07

I was wondering where I can find dwarf cichlids at? I am thinking about stocking my 30 gallon tank with them or possibly SW fish. I know of places I can get SW at but have yet to find anywhere to find the Dwarf Cichlids. So here I am, asking fellow fishboxers for help! Smile Thank you in advanced for all your help! Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Cichlids Empty Re: Dwarf Cichlids

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-10-10, 18:19

A place for pets in burien has somee dwarfs, what area are you close to?
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-10-10, 18:21

I am in Aberdeen, about an hour southwest of Olympia.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-10-10, 19:02

holy crap, burien would be quite the drive, my grandparents lived in ocean shores for a long time, I know where you're at.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-10-10, 19:08

Yeah it would be. I have a friend that lives in Milton who actually picked up the tank in Queen Anne for me, but I'm still trying to decide what to put in it. Availability is the question now. I see you are starting to run a SW tank as well.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2010-10-10, 19:50

I graduated from Aberdeen in 86'. I don't remember ever seeing a LFS in Grays Harbor. I'm sure alot has changed over the years since I was there but does the Aberdeen/Hoquiam area have any LFS's? I used to have to ride a bus to Olympia for 50 cents to find a store to buy fish food and supplies (before internet and mail order fish stores). That store is closed now (forgot the name but it was close to Black lake mall).
If your looking for quality dwarf cichlids and you don't want to mail order them then you 'll have to visit A place for pets in Burien. They really do have the best selection and quality I have seen in Seattle. Call it a weekend road trip.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-10-10, 20:03

We have two local fish stores now. Marshall's which as far as I knew always has had fish? And then a new store called Fishy Business. Neither of them have Dwarf Cichlids, however do have the basics for African Cichlids. And other basic fish but no SW I do have to go to Petco or Petsmart to get those in Olympia.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-10-10, 20:26

Probably not gonna find any dwarfs around you... either gonna have to order them online... or make a road trip south or north to a good fish store with a better selection....

Dwarfs are awesome.... I actually have a german blue ram pair I am thinking of gettin rid of (not really dwarfs, as similar as you can get), but you are too far from me anyway.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2010-10-10, 20:39

Yeah I kind of figured they would be difficult to find. I may have to run the salt water tank instead. Poo. Thought it would be kind of cool for my boyfriend to have his African Cichlid tank, his green terror tank, and then me to have a dwarf cichlid tank. But I like the colors of a salt water tank but just have never run one before so it'd be a whole new learning experience for me.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-02-10, 23:50

I have a male female pair of Dicrossus maculatus and a pair of Laetacara dorsigera your welcome to have if you don't mind driving WAY down south to Vancouver.
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-02-11, 19:43

This post was from a while ago, I have since put something else in the tank. Trying to find dwarfs were difficult for where I live. Thank you though! If you are really wanting to get rid of them you could put a post in the marketplace section! Smile Thank you again for offering!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down