yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell.

3 posters

Go down

yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell. Empty yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell.

Post  protocl 2010-09-30, 12:31

so, i have 2 of these wonderful snails, but one has a crack from the lip of the front, near the head area, and the other snail has 1 or 2 red spots.
diagnosis?

on the upside, they laid eggs, but half of them dropped in the tank, before i noticed it while cleaning, still have at least 40 eggs left.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell. Empty Re: yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell.

Post  SomethingFishy 2010-09-30, 14:30

Now are the spots on the shell or the snail? And as far as the crack aslong as no flesh is expose you should be good and or is it still in the shell. Alot of the time I have noticed they fall from top the tank and crack their shells.
SomethingFishy
SomethingFishy
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell. Empty Re: yellow mystery snal: cracked shell and a red spot on shell.

Post  protocl 2010-09-30, 14:56

no, no flesh is exposed...
thanks for the input.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SomethingFishy 2010-09-30, 22:02

Also I have been searching for a better answer for the spots on the shell from all that i could find for ya was sometimes depending on its species they tend to have spots on their shells. I will be doing more investigation on this if you could pm me a picture I will find the answer.
SomethingFishy
SomethingFishy
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-09-30, 22:16

SomethingFishy wrote:Also I have been searching for a better answer for the spots on the shell from all that i could find for ya was sometimes depending on its species they tend to have spots on their shells. I will be doing more investigation on this if you could pm me a picture I will find the answer.

thank you, thank you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BTW: still interested in the digital thermometer?
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SomethingFishy 2010-09-30, 22:19

I will be up that way on friday around 6 or 7 lol so yeah will be picking them up lol and yoru welcome when i find a problem i fight really hard to solve it lol!!
SomethingFishy
SomethingFishy
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-09-30, 23:10

SomethingFishy wrote:I will be up that way on friday around 6 or 7 lol so yeah will be picking them up lol and yoru welcome when i find a problem i fight really hard to solve it lol!!

ok call me, did you read that PM containing my number? let me know where you wanna meet and then ill meet you half way.
i get off of work 5:50.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SomethingFishy 2010-09-30, 23:25

Yes I did lol I will be around that area around that time lol!!
SomethingFishy
SomethingFishy
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dkpate 2010-10-22, 15:43

Old thread, but ground up cuttle bone helps ALOT with snail shells. I put about 1/2 tsp in each of my tanks every week. You can also bury half the cuttle in the substrate. I have a pantload of snails, and they all have beautiful shells. Smile
dkpate
dkpate
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-10-23, 07:29

I use crushed coral and a piece of sea shell. Using a cuttle bone generally better?
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down