Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!?

+6
larry.beck
HALP
Paintguy
Addictedtofish
sidekicking
stierwalt3
10 posters

Go down

Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!? Empty Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!?

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-08, 15:05

I'm thinking it's a great deal but what do I know!?

For sale is one beautiful 72 gallon fish tank with just about everything it'll take to get your fish habitat up and running.
Included in the sale is:
72 gallon bow-front fish tank (glass)
Glass top and light bar (includes two high kelvin 48" bulbs)
Custom stand built to fit tank exactly (black stand with black glass door). The stand has a built-in light, timer, and power strip.
2 Marineland Magnum 35 filters (and all tubing, valves, etc.)
1 300 watt Eheim submersible heater
Digital thermometer (needs battery)
Brand new replacement valves (should you need them some day)
If you want you can also have around 75 pounds of decorative natural slate and crushed coral substrate (good for high pH tanks).

All for $200

Last edited by stierwalt3 on 2010-09-08, 15:11; edited 1 time in total
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!? Empty Re: Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!?

Post  sidekicking 2010-09-08, 15:07

So whats the price on this??

sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!? Empty Re: Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!?

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-08, 15:10

I guess that would help!! Rolling Eyes

$200
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Addictedtofish 2010-09-08, 15:45

It sounds like a good deal to me...what are you going to be putting in it?
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-08, 19:03

Addictedtofish wrote:It sounds like a good deal to me...what are you going to be putting in it?

I'm glad you agree...I'm going to go pick it up tonight!

I want to start with a colony of saulosi! Not sure what other fish I would be able to stick in there with them!? I'm getting some Sunshine Peacocks from Sandnuka. I was going to put the Peacocks in a different tank unless they can go in the same tank as the saulosis!? I guess I need to start doing some research. bounce
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-09-08, 20:27

Yeah that sounds like a good deal to me to
Good luck with the new tank

Peacoks and mbunas don't mix well
The mbunas are way too aggressive
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2010-09-08, 22:07

with the lights and all it looks like a good deal. Was just looking at that one on craigslist. My wife set my limit at 4 tanks though Sad
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  HALP 2010-09-08, 23:07

Once you get a limit then you can start upgrading! You gots to have at least one monster tank.
HALP
HALP
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-09, 00:52

Thanks for all your input guys! I just got back from looking at the tank...It's a monster all right, bigger than I imagined! Shocked

It still had water in it so I'm going back tomorrow to pick it up. I can't wait to get it rocking! punk
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-09-09, 01:52

I do love a new tank! Smile Congrats!
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-09, 03:03

Awesome! Im excited for ya! and sweet it still has water in it, then you shouldnt have too much of a problem cycling it.... well, if there was fish in it recently anyway.

I agree with side, peacocks are a little mild tempered campared to mbuna's.... but, Ive also seen several, several tanks with peacocks and mbuna all living together.... not so sure how the peacocks would be comfortable breeding with the mbunas in there..... Im sure you gettin small saulousi, and my sunshine peacock are adults so they should be fine itleast to start.... but i liked your 20gal and just trying to breed the peacock trio idea... species specific tank always a good idea, especially if you plan on makin some money from you hobby. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-09-09, 06:51

i think this is a good deal, based on the price/
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-09, 14:45

sandnuka wrote:Awesome! Im excited for ya! and sweet it still has water in it, then you shouldnt have too much of a problem cycling it.... well, if there was fish in it recently anyway.

I agree with side, peacocks are a little mild tempered campared to mbuna's.... but, Ive also seen several, several tanks with peacocks and mbuna all living together.... not so sure how the peacocks would be comfortable breeding with the mbunas in there..... Im sure you gettin small saulousi, and my sunshine peacock are adults so they should be fine itleast to start.... but i liked your 20gal and just trying to breed the peacock trio idea... species specific tank always a good idea, especially if you plan on makin some money from you hobby. Smile

Yeah I'll have to ask when he took the fish out. I hope not to long ago! As far as the Peacocks go I'll be sticking with the original plan and keep them in the 20gal. I definitely wanna get some cash back at some point since I'm starting out in the red! Laughing

Thanks guys
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-09, 19:43

hey steierwalt3.... Reserve stock cichlids has saulosi! reall cheap too.... you want to place the order with us, you gotta do it by the 14th.... check out reserve stock cichlids II in the group buy thread in the market area.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-10, 00:40

sandnuka wrote:hey steierwalt3.... Reserve stock cichlids has saulosi! reall cheap too.... you want to place the order with us, you gotta do it by the 14th.... check out reserve stock cichlids II in the group buy thread in the market area.

Sounds like a plan! 15 Pseudotropheus saulosi 1.25" $4.50

So they have 15 of them and their $4.50 each?? When will arrive? I would love to have them all,but don't know if my tank will be ready in time!?
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-10, 00:42

BTW the fish were taken out of the 72gal tank I just got 2 weeks ago. Is that too long ago or will still help to set up faster!?
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-10, 02:12

should be completly cycled within 48 hours if there was water in it and fish just left 2 weeks ago.... Well, thats assuming you are using the same filter that was in it and same media.... if you put in new filter media might have to give it a week.

Yeah, he has 15, and no one has told me they wanted any in an order yet, so you could be the first and they would be all yours.... you can order less, like 5 or 10 if you want too.... you dont have to buy all of them.... If you plan on orderin though, i need your money on the 14th. we are splittin the shippin so it will be cheap. (normally shippin cost 75 bucks, but we are all splittin it)

Check out the thread in the group buy section for more info
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-10, 22:37

So I'm putting this new tank of mine back together now that I have it home. I look at the heater and it's a 200w not a 300w like the guy listed!? Is a 200w gonna be enough to heat this 72gal tank!? Neutral
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  allouttabubblgum 2010-09-10, 23:12

i would use a back up 2 - 200 or 1-200 1-300 would do it
allouttabubblgum
allouttabubblgum
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-10, 23:31

2 are always nice but i have my my large tanks with around the 200w number ... my 125 is heated with a 210w in the canister Very Happy it does just fine one note dont fill with cold water room temp is best and then the heater wont over work to get to proper temp.... or start at like 70 then go up a couple degrees every couple hours till you get you tank where you want it and its stays stable... you got a week i believe before its new residents ?
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-11, 14:22

allouttabubblgum wrote:i would use a back up 2 - 200 or 1-200 1-300 would do it

Sounds good...I just might go get another one! Thanks for the reply!

icer711 wrote:2 are always nice but i have my my large tanks with around the 200w number ... my 125 is heated with a 210w in the canister Very Happy it does just fine one note dont fill with cold water room temp is best and then the heater wont over work to get to proper temp.... or start at like 70 then go up a couple degrees every couple hours till you get you tank where you want it and its stays stable... you got a week i believe before its new residents ?

Right on I'll give that a try first....I have a digital temp gauge so Ill just keep track of the temp and make sure it's holding a steady temp. Yep 5 days till they get here I guess....I hope my tank will be ready or I'm screwed or should I say their screwed! Rolling Eyes
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-11, 14:27

sound good you will be ready Smile plenty of time...
just remember those digitalis can me off a couple degrees 2+/- i have several but i always try and put a glass sinker one at the bottom just as extra piece of mind but defiantly just looking and seeing the numbers on them digitalis
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-11, 18:27

icer711 wrote:sound good you will be ready Smile plenty of time...
just remember those digitalis can me off a couple degrees 2+/- i have several but i always try and put a glass sinker one at the bottom just as extra piece of mind but defiantly just looking and seeing the numbers on them digitalis

Ok cool...I have a glass one.
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-11, 18:38

Just need to let the silicon dry on some of the rock columns and then it's time to add water! bounce

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-09-11, 19:05

wow... looks awesome! good job, get some water in that bad boy so its ready to go thursday!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-11, 19:30

wow gonna look nice when its all done with the fish there gonna love it Very Happy
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-11, 19:34

Thanks guys!

Sandnuka- I know, I know....I'm freaking out!!! Shocked
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down