Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram!

2 posters

Go down

Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram! Empty Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram!

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-05, 03:40

So, Ive been tryin to breed my GBR (German Blue Rams)... I have two tanks, a 55gal community discus tank they can be in, or there 20gal breeder when pair forms.... Well, story goes like this, I have 2 males, and 1 Female... I had a pair form, put them in the 20gal, they got eggs, guarded for 24 hours, then began the feast! 0 eggs left, then they stopped payin attention to eachother... I put in another male in the 20gal to stir things up, and sure enough the original pair reformed, but as soon as I took the male out, they seperated.

I put everyone back in the community tank and today went to the pet store to find many many GBR females! WOOOHOOO, (they are hard to find)... I picked out the most stunning female, and put her in the community tank with the others... I was expecting to see the original pair reform but what had happened amazed me! My GBR male saw the new "Hottie" and began to try to pair with her.... when a fight broke between the females, The little shallow guy took sides with the new hottie! LOL... So now I got them paired in the 20gal... let see what will happen... Will keep ya all update, and upload pics of the New HOTTIE female I got!

Ps. I think the other male is sexually confused... he doesnt want anything to do with any females... even when He is alone with them.. lol
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram! Empty Re: Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram!

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-06, 04:44

day two of them in the breedin tank... no action yet... they seem to be paired though...and the female is cleaning the clay plates off that I have on the ground. Hopefully another couple days and I get some eggs out of this batch!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram! Empty Re: Cheating, Shallow, German Blue Ram!

Post  Jtang 2010-08-21, 18:01

What petstore did you go to? i'm in skagit and i would love to start breeding rams once school starts up again. were they good quality?

from what I heard, parenting with Rams is based on experience. They'll get better and better each time they fail. They really learn from trial and error

Last edited by Jtang on 2010-08-23, 06:03; edited 1 time in total
Jtang
Jtang
FishBox Regular

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=899370456

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-21, 19:51

Jones pets in marysville has a bunch of male/female right now! very big too.... ready to start breeding as soon as you bring them home!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-08-21, 21:40

WHORES! All of them!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtang 2010-08-23, 06:04

sandnuka wrote:Jones pets in marysville has a bunch of male/female right now! very big too.... ready to start breeding as soon as you bring them home!

Hows the GBR's doing?
I bought two females for my 90 community up in Canada.. bleh impulse buy. the larger female died yesterday :<

hows yours doing?
Jtang
Jtang
FishBox Regular

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=899370456

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-23, 16:23

excellent... she is ready to pop out some eggs... a little overdue i would say, but thats cause I moved her to a different 10gal tank.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down