lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.

3 posters

Go down

lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.  Empty lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-10, 14:20

Made the 2 hour trip to find out its temporarily shut down so they can install new tanks and equipment. Luckily we came up for other things as well. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they are going that way.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.  Empty Re: lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.

Post  DMD123 2014-05-10, 18:55

Are they remodeling or having issues?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.  Empty Re: lacey petco fish section temporarily closed.

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-10, 22:50

Remodel. Tanks are getting torn out tonight they said.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-05-10, 23:40

Hmmm, I wonder if that means more fish selection?? I got a few of my brilliant rasboras and my neon yellow variatus platies there.

Thanks for the info! Sucky they didn't have fish after you drove all that way.  Neutral 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-11, 03:24

Yeah, especially since it wa their sale that kind of gave the idea for the trip. My mom has a 30 gal with 3 smaller angels in it. That's it. She ended up only finding 3 platy she wanted. We are going to make a trip either north towards lakewood and further or possibly south to wetspot in the next few months. I ended up with a ram pair (young male/female) some skirt tetras and some glowlights to up the schooling numbers in my 75. The rams went into my 30 gallon.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-11, 20:19

And I'm pissed. Woke up this morning and 13.50 dollars with of fish GONE! Effing pictus is fat and finding a new home, yesterday!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-05-11, 22:38

affraid How big is this thing?
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-11, 23:00

Pictus are notorious for their appetite. I had one that ate a red tail shark half its size in the middle of the night.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-05-11, 23:08

Yikes, nasty critters.  Shocked 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-12, 01:00

Its about 4-5" long. And managed to eat 4 medium to large sized glowlights. He has done this in the past and I almost got rid of him then. At that time he ate 3 platy that had been in the tank since fry. One night randomly 6 months after they were born they became snacks. I'm pretty sure it also killed and ate my bala catfish that I got from the same tank, same size as the pictus. It was fine the night before when I turned off the lights and when I woke in the morning it was nothing but a head and skeleton floating from the surface! It was absolutely digusting!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-12, 11:43

I dont think stores warn people enough about the voracious appetite that pictus have. They seem so cute and do not seem that bad when the lights are on... but when the lights go off they are active little hunters.

Sounds like this pictus has become 'too valuable' to get rid of.  jocolor 
I know bad joke, sorry for your loss.  Sad 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-12, 11:46

He's been good for soooo long. It was over 2 years ago when the ate the platy's and hasn't eaten another fish since then. I'll probably end up keeping it because I have to go 45 mins to an hour to get rid of it at a fish store. I love the looks of them and that's why I got him. But I get so mad when they do things like that. There are other tetra in the tank that he doesn't bother either. I guess since they were new they were food.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-05-12, 11:47

It's not named Bruce, is it?

FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-12, 12:00

haha No he's been dubbed something else after these two incidents  Evil or Very Mad lol
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-05-12, 12:46

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:haha No he's been dubbed something else after these two incidents  Evil or Very Mad lol

Hehe, I bet.  cyclops  Good luck keeping him on the wagon!
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-12, 13:04

haha Thanks. I guess I'll just have to make sure to get LARGE tetra fish and maybe put them in the morning as opposed to right before bed. Maybe that will help.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down