Terracotta Pots have you seen these?

4 posters

Go down

Terracotta Pots have you seen these? Empty Terracotta Pots have you seen these?

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-28, 19:44

So I was at joann's yesterday for something entirely unrelated (making a hoopskirt) and in browsing found these. They look exactly like (and were next to) the orangey terra cotta pots but these look so much cooler!!
Wondering if anyone has seen these as well, and if you think they could safely be put in a tank

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

pics are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] only place I could find pics of them 0.o

P.S. not sure if this was the right place for this.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Terracotta Pots have you seen these? Empty Re: Terracotta Pots have you seen these?

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-28, 20:25

Totally off topic, but when you say Hoopskirt, are you talking about... like, a bag thinger, for storing hula hoops? Because, oh my gosh, we totally should hang out. I love making hula hoops, and I would love love LOVE to introduce you to my flow family!! Smile

Staying on topic: Those pots look beautiful! I'd probably end up using them as pots for planting herbs though. LOL
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Terracotta Pots have you seen these? Empty Re: Terracotta Pots have you seen these?

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-29, 10:46

nooopeee think Disney princess ballgown only like 50lbs lighter LOL instead of a million layers of cloth, it's rings of pipe suspended in a bell shape with skirts over it. hula hoops are awesome though I haven't had one in many years LOL

ontopic: RIGHT?!?!?!? besides the fact that they're beautiful, I'm still working on my 125 and the Oscars will need massive hidey house thinggys. And since my sand is black and white these would be sooo perfect instead of bright weird orange. But if they're gonna kill my fishies I be a sad fishy.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-29, 14:14

Ohhhh, hahahaha okay I see!

It seems like the pots look fine... although, don't take my word for it. LOL.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-04-29, 14:28

Are they painted? Could you find a water safe sealer?
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-29, 14:41

don't think they're painted, more like the clay that's used but it's called terracotta o.o if it turns out unsure I will so totally slathered them in silicone >>
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-29, 14:45

I would buy one... and then test it out in a 5 gallon bucket, and just keep an eye on water parameters (GH and KH, maybe pH as well) . . . I wouldn't be too concerned about anything that could poison the fish, if it's not paint, which it doesn't look like paint, like you said, it looks like clay.

terracotta clay is widely used in a bunch of pots. Those plain orangey ones are also made out of terracotta clay. Very Happy

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-04-29, 15:37

Terracotta is alright as long as you don't have excessivly acidic water. Also, make sure that they are unused pots, and not treated with any sort of glaze or paint. Used pots run the risk of having fertilizers and chemicals being absorbed and then released into your aquarium.

I've got one that's full of christmas moss and a crypt wendtii (right smack in the middle front.), and there's been no ill effects.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down