They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.

+2
DMD123
ShortyKiloGyrl
6 posters

Go down

They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.  Empty They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 13:30

I'm so excited! I am currently in the works finalizing an order for some LF brown marbled bristlenose juveniles! I can't wait for them to get here. My first online fish purchase, I hope they arrive fine but the seller has a very good reputation. I bought 5 and hope to get a pair or two from them to start breeding them myself.

Here is a glimpse of what they will look like. The pics are of the actual fish not parents.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by ShortyKiloGyrl on 2014-04-16, 14:54; edited 1 time in total
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.  Empty Re: They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.

Post  DMD123 2014-04-09, 13:47

Very cool!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.  Empty Re: They are HERE!! LF Marbled Bristlenose Juvenile purchase! PICS added.

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 13:51

I'm probably more excited than I should be. Lol and if all goes according to plan I should be getting 6 rhombo barbs to add to my 75 gallon next week!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-09, 13:57

It always exciting to get new fish. Cant wait to see pics when they come in.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 13:58

I got 5 bristlenose, two 5-6" wendtii green, ten 6" italian vallisneria and shipping all for $70 not bad, other places are wanting $9.99 to 14.99 each for the plecos and they aren't as colorful as these were.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-09, 14:12

Congrats on the purchase!  They look like they are pretty good sized already.  You shouldn't have to wait too long for breeding to start.  Very Happy
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 14:21

Looks like they are approximately 2". What size are yours when they start(ed) breeding Betty?
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-09, 15:20

NeatO!

If you get them to breed and you are going to share I would be in line for 1.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 15:56

I'm betting they will breed. That's the plan. Of course I'll put you in line!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-09, 17:00

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:Looks like they are approximately 2". What size are yours when they start(ed) breeding Betty?

I'd say around 2.5 inches, maybe even smaller.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 17:11

Cool, some good food and I should be there soon enough Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 18:15

They ship out monday and I should have them wednesday! Smile Eeeee! Haha oh man. I need a hobby, oh wait..
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-09, 18:17

Now I know I need to brush up on my pleco knowledge. I never even knew bristlenoses could look like those. Very nice. I hope they turn out as you planned and that you end up with a nice mating pair. And it sounds like you got a good deal on stuff. Have fun with your new endeavor and post pics.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-09, 18:26

I just came across them recently and had to have some. I called an LFS and asked if they wanted juveniles and they said they were very interestedld buy any I bring in Smile but of course I want to give fellow members on here the option to buy as well.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-11, 13:26

This reminder that I doubt I need is teasing me!!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-13, 18:36

Three more days... It's always fun getting a new species!
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-13, 20:39

I get 2 new species this week hopefully. On an order list this week if they can get them for rhombo barbs! Excited for those too! Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-14, 17:57

Awh, fish store emailed me that the rhombos aren't on the list for this week. So he wrote them in instead hoping he may still get some. I might have to order them from somewhere else Sad
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-14, 17:59

Plecos are still on the way...  Very Happy 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-14, 18:08

Hopefully! The guy was supposed to email me and I haven't heard from him either :/ uhg..
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-15, 10:19

FINALLY heard from his this morning after I emailed him last night. They were shipped yesterday and he sent tracking number as well. Just looked it up and says it should be here tomorrow as planned!! Eeeee Very Happy Now if I can only hear good news about the rhombo barbs tonight!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-15, 11:32

Hope all goes well with your new acquisitions and that everyone arrives healthy and happy.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-15, 11:41

Thanks, this is my first time ordering fish and getting them shipped. So I'm a little nervous. But he has perfect ratings on aquabid so I think they should be good.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-16, 14:52

AHHHH!!! They are here!! And all are alive! I am more excited that I was expecting their arrival! They appear to be VERY healthy and also very active. Super happy with the purchase. Their fins are amazing! Got a little picture happy and I will of course add new pictures when they are settled in. Enjoy the pictures!!

And the best for last. I am VERY VERY happy with this ones fins!! I love the amount of white at the end of its tail as well!

ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-16, 14:54

cheers 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-04-16, 15:13

Cute!!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-04-16, 20:50

Yay!    Glad it all worked out and you've got your new fishies.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-16, 21:33

LOL, she's so eXcItEd!! Very Happy

Love LF bristle noses, nice score!!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-16, 21:51

fishNAbowl wrote:LOL, she's so eXcItEd!! Very Happy

Love LF bristle noses, nice score!!

Lol, its true. My boyfriend, who is not a fish enthusiast and doesn't get it, got drug into where the tank is and I said "I know you don't care and this has no interest to you but I'm excited so suffer for a few minutes and just pretend for me. Look at my new fishies!!"
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-04-16, 22:19

Yeah...glad they arrived in good condition. Still will cross fingers that acclimation will go well. They look beautiful and I'm so happy for you.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-16, 23:02

Thanks! So far so good. I have them netted in a giant net I use for my 8" pleco just in case since I don't want to chase them all over. Put a small anubias nana in with them that's floating for some cover and feeling safe. I removed one fish from the tank I thought might pose a threat. So far so good.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down