Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?

5 posters

Go down

Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?  Empty Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?

Post  oddballer 2014-03-19, 22:29

Shocked Hello! im new to the forum and am looking for some advice. Light came on in the freshwater tank today and I noticed one of my snails upside down on the acrylic to of the tank. Upon investigation, i discovered a large clutch of eggs freshly laid by the snail. Ive never hatched snail eggs before. But id like to hatch them safely. Ive left the light off as to not dry out the eggs. And the tank is a communal tank mostly plecos, catfish, siamese algae eaters and a peacock eel. I dont think the babies will be in much danger.
oddballer
oddballer
Fry

Back to top Go down

Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?  Empty Re: Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?

Post  Guest 2014-03-19, 22:35

Welcome! . What type of snail btw?

Back to top Go down

Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?  Empty Re: Im NEW! FOUND SNAIL EGGS ON MY TANK! HOW DO I HATCH THEM?

Post  MRTom 2014-03-19, 23:30

... I never thought I'd see this asked! If the snails laid eggs and you spotted them, chances are you'll be back in a few days asking how to get rid of your snail infestation! Congrats and welcome!

That is unless you have a fancier rare snail, in which case breeding depends on the type of snail. So what kind of snail do you have?
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  zach_discus 2014-03-20, 01:16

Oh I have a puffer who would be very happy to help anyone who had a few snails to toss his way!!
zach_discus
zach_discus
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-03-20, 13:36

oh yay mystery snail babies!
just leave the eggs were they are they will hatch on there own Smile but i will warn u anything bigger then them will eat them, they come out the size of the tip of a pen. and about 70 10 120 lol so ull have lots and lots of snails!!
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  oddballer 2014-03-20, 22:46

COOL!!!  Laughing I figured they would pretty much take care of themselves. But ive never seen this before. its FASCINATING. not sure what type of snail. Im assuming its pretty generic. But i have to admit that snails are surprisingly entertaining.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oddballer
oddballer
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-03-20, 23:15

oddballer wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whoa!!! Go hawks!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-03-20, 23:46

yup mystery snails!! thats exactly what they are congrats.
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-03-21, 09:16

In case your clutch fails to adhere to the glass, you can use this method for hatching it outside of the aquarium. I've done this before and it works very well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down