Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!!

5 posters

Go down

Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!! Empty Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!!

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-03-19, 01:36

Figured I'd shoot a video of this. I guess it works well on brownish/reddish algae (not diatoms)... doesn't do very well with green spot algae, which I forgot to mention in the video, but..meh. SO yeah. Smile

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!! Empty Re: Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!!

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-03-19, 07:38

Nice share Angelo and great tip. I never thought of that. Now I can buff up my anubias and make em look brand new!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!! Empty Re: Getting Rid of Algae on Broad Leafed Plants!!

Post  Betty 2014-03-19, 09:29

My algae might be too tough to remove this way, but I'm going to give it a try anyway.  Smile The leaves (anubias) have some algae on the edges of the leaves and I couldn't get it off by rubbing with my fingers.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-03-19, 12:15

Betty: I tried removing algae with my fingers and even paper towels without much luck, but I was able to get it off with the toothbrush method. Smile

Thanks Donna! My Anubias look like new again hahaha!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-03-19, 22:19

hmmm been meaning to try this. my nana-Anubias leaves are growing fuzz algae lawns. Though something recently started eating it all off except for the edges/tight spots 0.o
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Livebearer 2014-04-23, 17:46

Best way to get rid of algee on Anubias is to trim off all leaves that are effected and which will grow back twice as nice!
Livebearer
Livebearer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down