powerheads

3 posters

Go down

powerheads Empty powerheads

Post  rattle1972 2010-07-10, 00:37

ok, so what i want to know is, do all powerheads need shit loads of maint. or is it just aquaclear.. i have this freaking aquaclear powerhead with a sponge filter hooked onto it, and every time i take that sponge off to clean it i end up having to take the entire powerhead apart to give the impeller a kickstart and cleaning. i end up doing this 3 times a week. and i am getting tired of having to crawl under my aquarium stand and then figure out what plug is the powerhead, i am way to freaking fat to do that.... oh sorry im rambling.... so is there better powerhead or do all of them go through this shit?
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

powerheads Empty Re: powerheads

Post  larry.beck 2010-07-10, 00:42

I never have to do that with my Marineland powerhead. My Korlia is my favorite for moving water in the tank, but it wouldn't meet your need to attach to a sponge filter.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-10, 03:18

Never had to do that with my AC powerheads. Have you taken it apart and seen if there is anything in the impeller hole (sounds perverted)?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-10, 03:39

id say goith a maxi jet, they are cheap and work fine. sure, if u wanted to you could go all out, but the maxi is just fine for a normal sponge filter and really reliable, they also have a waranty!

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2010-07-10, 04:27

Koralia were the only ones Ive used, keep the tank amazingly clear. Had a maxi-jet hooked up a while back and it was a MONSTER
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down