hobbyorobsession
gnats
CMooreCichlids
fishyladdy
25 posters

Go down

poisoned tank :'( Empty poisoned tank :'(

Post  fishyladdy 2014-02-22, 18:22

man i have had a rough night i lost almost all my african cichlids yesturday... got a phone call telling me i need to go home because all my fish are dying i wasnt told what tank or anything i come hold to see my african cichlid tank with all my fish laying at the bottom full color and twitching the whole room smelt like lemons..
ran over to my tank to remove the fish that were still twitching and put them in one of my 20 longs. most didnt make it.. lost almost all my africans other then 10 of them.. im heart broken. thats like losing my kids. on top of that thats losing $900+. pin sol was what got dumped in there.. a whole bottle im supprised any made it at all.. the person that did it wont come clean and im guessing i wont be seeing any money back for them... im so sad you guys, im glad i had my piebalds in there own tank....
but i lost so many of my breeders i just dont even know what to do :'( :'(
just thought id fill u all in im just glad it was only one tank
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

poisoned tank :'( Empty Re: poisoned tank :'(

Post  CMooreCichlids 2014-02-22, 18:32

Very sorry for your loss.
CMooreCichlids
CMooreCichlids
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gnats 2014-02-22, 18:34

I'm so sorry! How awful for you! Crying or Very sad 
gnats
gnats
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-02-22, 19:02

Wtf. Thats messed up. Keep an eye on that person. Psychopath alert.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-22, 19:18

if you have any proof of who did it these are grounds for filing a police report I had a similar incident happen here and I did just that, that is just like poisoning your cat or your dog
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-02-22, 19:43

Sorry for your loss.

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-22, 19:57

Madness wrote:if you have any proof of who did it these are grounds for filing a police report I had a similar incident happen here and I did just that, that is just like poisoning your cat or your dog

I second this. If this was intentional , you must have a roommate that does not like you or your tanks or something.  Grounds for an atmosphere change. If that person couldn't go, I'd be going....bye bye.

Really I have no idea of your situation but reading this post pisses me off. Sorry fishyladdy....  Sad
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-02-22, 20:03

What a nightmare. I hope you can salvage something.
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2014-02-22, 20:11

So no one knows who did it, WTF! You need to move or kick someone's anal fin! As far as police they got better chit to do.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-02-22, 20:13

What a disaster! So sorry for your loss! I'm glad you still have some survivors though. Hope they make it. And glad to hear the piebalds are doing ok. Hope you are able to come through this!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-22, 20:14

JimA wrote:So no one knows who did it, WTF!   You need to move or kick someone's anal fin! As far as police they got better chit to do.  

This is mass pet murder JimA. What if it was 20 dogs or cats. Your looking at a jail sentence, probabtion a fat fine, not only that victim compensation.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  finray56 2014-02-22, 20:28

So sorry to hear about your huge loss. Are you saying this was intentional or an accident ? If you are into Tropheus at all I would be willing to give you some fry if you can come and pick them up, I have Kasakalawe aka Moops. The only thing you need to be able to do for me is to make sure the person who did this is GONE ! Good luck with recovery mode and pm me if you want the fry Smile
finray56
finray56
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Denizaari 2014-02-22, 20:37

Thats sad. I have some VERY small fry that I could swing your way and you can start all over. I know I can't change what happened, but, maybe you can start all over?!? Just a thought.
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2014-02-22, 20:55

A lawyer friend of mine says:
"Was the Pine Sol thing an accident or did someone just go completely nuts? That' felony level destruction there."
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-02-22, 21:12

That is so sad!! Are your tanks in a room with a door? maybe you could buy a lock.

Last edited by MorganEA on 2014-02-22, 21:13; edited 1 time in total
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-02-22, 21:13

Not even sure what to say, other than someone would be hurting afterwards if it were me.

And I hate to be a sourpuss, but if someone can tie up a husky to a try and kill it with multiple arrows from a bow and not go to jail, I doubt this would amount to much legal wise.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2014-02-22, 21:34

fishNAbowl wrote:
JimA wrote:So no one knows who did it, WTF!   You need to move or kick someone's anal fin! As far as police they got better chit to do.  

This is mass pet murder JimA. What if it was 20 dogs or cats. Your looking at a jail sentence, probabtion a fat fine, not only that victim compensation.

Yeah I would be pissed about it, but what's it gain? Court, money, lawyer? Mass murder, jail time really scratch  She doesn't even know who did it. Detectives are focusing on HOMICIDES and dumb -ucks really breaking the law. I get it's sad, it's tragic! But were not talking cats and dogs or goats here are we? You think it would make the 5 o'clock news? Better get Jesse might help, other than that it's a no win sad situation! Move out, move on find out maybe who did it, which someone knows, and be pissed about it.. I don't know her situation but my best guess is she is not going to afford a lawyer over it, hell I can't either nor would I try. I am more a get even type a guy but really that's a no win situation either..

And yes I am sorry for your loss but move on or move out, it was obviously a bone head move by someone or they really don't like your fish and tanks..

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-22, 21:52

Sorry to hear of your loss fishyladdy.  I would not only be mad, I'd be furious.  And if I knew who did it I'd make sure they couldn't raise their head without hearing about what they had done (and that's not getting even that's just sharing the persons pathetic behavior...others can make their own judgements).  It goes to this persons character.  Cruel and disturbed, not someone I would want around.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-22, 21:54

I'm glad the piebalds made it too  Very Happy 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-02-22, 22:42

She did say that the person won't come clean, so I'm guessing that she does know who did it..... If it were a younger sibling, cops wouldn't be in order, but a roommate would be a different story depending on the actual situation..... Accident vs intent (intent = new roommate/ + retribution )
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2014-02-23, 00:04

That is grounds for a serious butt kicking.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-23, 00:07

Gryphon wrote:That is grounds for a serious butt kicking.

Suspect - Gitta rope!
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-23, 02:00

Few things I would like clarified...
#1 was there a bottle of pine sol in your room?
#2 Was the bottle still in the tank(fingerprints?)
#3 How in the world are you not in jail for aggravated assault? lol

Wow I think if someone killed a few fish I would be very angry, if they killed $900 in fish... I would calling the police. If they got a confession or fingerprints no real need for a lawyer. $900 in damages is a felony. I had a neighbor a few years ago destroy a chain link fence I put up because he didnt like it. He served 11 days in jail, had to pay to have the fence replaced professionally, as well as my legal fees.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-23, 02:03

I guess the comment I made means nothing to those that know it all. I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties. And has on their record, animal cruelty.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-23, 02:17

Madness wrote: I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties.  And has on their record, animal cruelty.  
 I agree
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-02-23, 02:24

Madness wrote:I guess the comment I made means nothing to those that know it all.  I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties.  And has on their record, animal cruelty.  

It's nice to hear someone actually getting jail time for something like this, but it's rare. There was that Husky case several years ago as well as when I lived in Edmonds, a neighbor was leaving out antifreeze because the local cats and dogs were coming into his yard. Police came, never served jail time. By and large, our legal system doesn't treat all life the same.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2014-02-23, 02:41

dwarfpike wrote:
Madness wrote:I guess the comment I made means nothing to those that know it all.  I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties.  And has on their record, animal cruelty.  

It's nice to hear someone actually getting jail time for something like this, but it's rare. There was that Husky case several years ago as well as when I lived in Edmonds, a neighbor was leaving out antifreeze because the local cats and dogs were coming into his yard. Police came, never served jail time. By and large, our legal system doesn't treat all life the same.

Sad but true, even if it is someone you care about I.E. Family, Spouse, BF/GF, etc, I'd still call the police, it shows blatant disregard for you.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-23, 02:42

Unfortunately for that it was probably because he was poisoning strays. If he was deliberately poisoning someones dog or cat then I would assume it would have been ruled differently. At least you would hope so.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2014-02-23, 02:52

Wow! Sorry for your loss! I really hope you get this situation fixed... Someone would meet my glock if this happened to my fish...
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-02-23, 03:01

I would hope animals would be treated like crimes against children, since neither can defend themselves ... but that rarely seems to be the case.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-23, 03:46

Actually the police that would handle this wouldn't be investigating homicides. It would be animal control. They prosecute animal cruelty. For instance if you leave a fish on the doorstep of a fish store. That is animal abandonment and can be prosecuted. A cat was left in front of the cat groomers place in my shop's parking lot. The security cams caught it. Animal control pursued it and got someone charged with it.

So yes, we do have police specifically for doing just that. Dealing with animal abuse. Now, this might just be a he said, she said case. But when you have proof, you can get the correct authorities involved.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-02-23, 03:53

i dont really have proof other then the fact that she was the only one at the house. but her son was there too so he could have been the one to do it but hes old enough to know not to go near the tanks. after me freaking out on her and crying and so on so forth... she kicked me out of the place. im not gonna bring the police into its its pointless to me. nothing will replace my fish those were my kids i dont want her money i dont what to deal with the cops i just feel stupid for leaving my tanks unatended for a couple hours. she should not have even been in my room im heart broken and miss my kids (fish) i had my acei in that tank that i had had since i got into cichlids and nothing will replace him. same with my uganda fire red. those fish are almost immpossable to find.. im just hurt that someoen would even do that.
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-23, 05:28

This is awful. Were you having an argument with someone?

Once you are certain you are in a place where your fish are safe, I'll give you a few of the F2 Metriaclima Aurora. I also have a bunch of F1 Pelvicachromis pulcher (Cichlosoma kribensis). I'll give you a few yellow labs as I can catch them and my Ps. acie just spit her first batch into the tank. I'll try to capture them next time. There will be other species as fish mature enough to breed.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-23, 11:31

Well i am glad your moving out. Sounds like your going to be better off.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-02-23, 11:37

Yes, once you are in a new location( safe to keep fish) let us all know. I know you are big into the Africans, but if you get into the sa/ca. I would give you some fry for free too to help kick start the collection. I have a couple of batches I'm currently raising ( rio mag umbee, f1 convicts, cutteri)
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2014-02-23, 12:37

so sorry for your loss, let the forum know when you get it all figured out, ive got acei, yellow labs, rusty, and ob fuelleborni fry id be happy to let you take home with you. anyways GL finding a new place. on a side note, i know it may seem to be a giant pain in the butt but i would really consider pressing charges or at least having them on file. people need to learn their lessons as somebody clearly invaded your personal space (which is not cool ever)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-02-23, 12:57

Very sorry, fishyladdy.  I can't understand how anyone could be so cruel. I feel so bad for what those fish went through Sad 

I'm not really raising any African fry at the moment, but I've got tons of albino bristlenose of all sizes if you need any.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-23, 13:04

fishyladdy wrote:i dont really have proof other then the fact that she was the only one at the house. but her son was there too so he could have been the one to do it but hes old enough to know not to go near the tanks. after me freaking out on her and crying and so on so forth... she kicked me out of the place. im not gonna bring the police into its its pointless to me. nothing will replace my fish those were my kids i dont want her money i dont what to deal with the cops i just feel stupid for leaving my tanks unatended for a couple hours. she should not have even been in my room im heart broken and miss my kids (fish) i had my acei in that tank that i had had since i got into cichlids and nothing will replace him. same with my uganda fire red. those fish are almost immpossable to find.. im just hurt that someoen would even do that.

Sad
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-02-23, 16:45

thanks everyone for the offer of fish. i might tank u guys up on it. i moved out and am in a safe place with my fish now Smile
well what fish i have left at least.
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-23, 18:08

On the sunny side it was likely easier for you to move with less fish. Maybe its a mixed blessing
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-23, 18:17

It is very much a bummer. First you had to fight disease. Once you vanquished the diseases you had to deal with assholes. Press charges if you still can or file a civil claim. Did you take photos of the damage (IE the bottle of pinesol in the tank)?

Where are you now?

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2014-02-23, 18:55

well glad to hear you found a new place to lay your tank at night Wink. if you ever get down to tacoma id be glad to give you some replacements, vics arent big enough to breed yet but id love to pass some along whenever that happens. maybe we could pull some kinda daisy chain to get you new fish?
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-02-23, 22:37

fishyladdy wrote:thanks everyone for the offer of fish. i might tank u guys up on it. i moved out and am in a safe place with my fish now Smile
well what fish i have left at least.

Best of luck in the new place! I hope this is a step for the better!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SonicsDC25 2014-02-24, 19:52

Wow that's a horrific story, glad you and your remaining fish are in a better place. Hopefully karma caught up to the douche at fault  Suspect 
SonicsDC25
SonicsDC25
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-02-25, 16:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

heres a little pic of what i have left btw the tank looks horrable im sorry im boiling the decorations and stuff to be sure they are clean
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-02-25, 17:02

fishyladdy wrote:heres a little pic of what i have left btw the tank looks horrable im sorry im boiling the decorations and stuff to be sure they are clean

No need to apologize, better safe than sorry. Looks like one of the Vic's made it (one in the center)?
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-02-25, 17:12

that my uganda male i lost all the females though Sad
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 2014-03-01, 17:53

Like everyone else we're sorry to hear about this. We've had big losses before and it's devastating!
Jay
Jay
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/GeilerAquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down