Pangio myersi

2 posters

Go down

Pangio myersi Empty Pangio myersi

Post  escapay 2013-10-07, 19:36

I'm trying to locate someone that has Pangio myersi. I've never seen them on Aquabid. Saw a picture of them on Ebay, but the picture looked like one they pulled from the web and the second picture looked like the normal striped Kuhlis.

Does anyone know of someone that carries them? Or that can possibly ship them (since I'm in Oregon, though I guess I could trek it up more north if they are just a few hours away)?

Or is it perfectly fine to have just one P. myersi and keep with another species of Kuhli? I have P. oblonga as well in the same aquarium.

escapay
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Pangio myersi Empty Re: Pangio myersi

Post  plaamoo 2013-10-09, 19:02

Have you talked with Anthony at the Wetspot? I'm not sure I've ever seen p. myersi for sale? Maybe Cory can find you some. Of course it's best to have same sp. but pangios seem to intermingle well. I have p. semicincta and oblonga and they're usually wrapped together in a ball under something.

Side note: "kuhli loach", the name we've used all these years, is a misnomer. It has been established that p. kuhlii has likely never been available in the aquarium trade. Most "kuhli" loaches are likely p. semicincta.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

plaamoo
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  escapay 2013-10-27, 01:45

plaamoo wrote:Have you talked with Anthony at the Wetspot? I'm not sure I've ever seen p. myersi for sale? Maybe Cory can find you some. Of course it's best to have same sp. but pangios seem to intermingle well. I have p. semicincta and oblonga and they're usually wrapped together in a ball under something.

Side note:  "kuhli loach", the name we've used all these years, is a misnomer. It has been established that p. kuhlii has likely never been available in the aquarium trade. Most "kuhli" loaches are likely p. semicincta.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sorry for the long time to respond...

I haven't talked with Anthony at Wet Spot, but I've not seen them there and I go maybe 2-4 times a month.

I think I originally purchased my P. myersi at World of Wet Pets in Beaverton back in February 2009. At least I am pretty sure that is the one that is still around... Wet Pets doesn't have those anymore but rather one of the other striped ones.

escapay
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down