Porthole Catfish

2 posters

Go down

Porthole Catfish Empty Porthole Catfish

Post  CrazedAce 2013-10-01, 00:38

So it's been a while since I last posted about these guys, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has these fish or not (my profile pic)? The first one I got was in a 29gal I purchased off Craigslist. I instantly fell in love with them after seeing how they are able to "hover" in one place and how they latch onto plants when they rest. I even seen him latch onto my blue gouramis when I still had them.

Well I have three now, after purchasing two flagtail portholes from Wetspot earlier this year. They always seem to stay in the back since thats where I put the skull they like to sit on (its smooth). I would love to breed these fish but it seems like they would be listed under the "EXTREMELY HARD" section as it seems most people who were successful were able to do it out of sheer luck. Maybe I should start a catfish only tank...?
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Porthole Catfish Empty Re: Porthole Catfish

Post  DMD123 2013-10-01, 10:49

I still have my closely related Hoplo cat. At times I thought of getting another two myself to see if they would school like a pack of cories. I love the look of the flagtail porthole cats but they stay a little smaller than my Hoplo, and I needed enough size that it would not get eaten.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down