12 years ago

5 posters

Go down

12 years ago Empty 12 years ago

Post  Spyral 2013-09-11, 09:59

12 years ago today my home city was attacked by cowards. Over 2600 lives were snuffed out at the WTC in NYC.

My Uncle Charlie Mills, former NY Police Chief and director of the State of NY Tax and Finance division of the Petroleum, Alcohol & Tobacco Bureau lost his life that day.

This day will forever serve as a reminder that we live in tumultuous times.

It always reminds me of this quote from a Hatebreed song, "What makes you think everything in this world that you have can't be taken away?"

Take a minute today to remember those who lost their lives in that cowardly strike against our sovereignty.

I never will.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

12 years ago Empty Re: 12 years ago

Post  Gryphon 2013-09-11, 10:32

Indeed never forget. I remember that day as if I was reliving it. I was in Ohio at the time, I had just gotten home from working the grave shift and laid down to sleep when my mom called and said to turn on the tv. Later while running a tv down to my mom's work I saw what I still believe to this day was United Airlines flight 93. I remember it so distinctly as I was north of Columbus, and watched it do a U turn back to the east. At the time they were reporting the possibility of a fourth plane heading to the west coast, then a little while later the news about flight 93 came across.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2013-09-11, 16:39

Hard to forget, and condolences for your uncle and his family for what they have gone through!

I also remember GWB saying this assault on America will not change they way we live. I thought at the time, yeah right! My how things have changed... Least they got many of those responsible, but it also cost the lives of a lot more people over the last 12 years, and there are still a bunch that are still fighting the fight in Afghanistan...

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-09-11, 16:53

This New York born tips my hat to you!
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-09-11, 17:18

I've been a slacker with my flag lately, but I put it up today.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down