Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend?

5 posters

Go down

Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? Empty Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend?

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2013-05-23, 00:56

Hi All,

Just an FYI that we have a national fish convention in the Northwest the weekend. The American Killifish Assn (AKA) is having their convention starting Friday and ending Monday but pretty much the good stuff is Saturday and Sunday. If you haven't been to a national convention you should check it out....I'm going!

http://www.aka.org/convention/2013/http://www.aka.org/convention/2013/

Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? A.+australe+orange+-1
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? Empty Re: Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend?

Post  lloyd378 2013-05-23, 01:19

wow, that's a beautiful fish! is that the type of killi that only lives one year?
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? Empty Re: Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend?

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2013-05-23, 09:51

Hi lloyd378,

That is a picture of the classic Aphyosemion australe; I'm not sure of the life expectancy of this species but there are species of killifish that are 'annuals' - even less if they jump! lol
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-05-23, 11:49

Seattle_Aquarist wrote:Hi lloyd378,

That is a picture of the classic Aphyosemion australe; I'm not sure of the life expectancy of this species but there are species of killifish that are 'annuals' - even less if they jump! lol

ha ha thanks. tfh magazine had a great spread on killies last month. did you get to see it?
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-05-23, 12:39

Would love to attend. Picking up my 1st Killifish next week Smile and would be fabulous to learn more and see different species. Perhaps next time, this weekend we have high school state track near Spokane.

GO WARRIORS!

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-05-23, 12:50

theChad wrote:Would love to attend. Picking up my 1st Killifish next week Smile and would be fabulous to learn more and see different species. Perhaps next time, this weekend we have high school state track near Spokane.

GO WARRIORS!

what type are you picking up?

also drive safe
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-06-21, 17:12

just noticed I forgot to post some shots of the event. I also have more shots of the fish from the big camera but havent uploaded those yet.
Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? 20130526_120211_zps95e90951
Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? 20130526_120656_zpsbd566905
Who's going to the National AKA Convention in Portland this weekend? 20130526_120649_zps02b96b5e

There were some serious bidding going on at this auction. These folks do not mess around.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-07-03, 03:32

a bit late but better than never. some photos of the killi convention

ManFriend99's Killis portland album on Photobucket
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-07-03, 15:53

my god.. maybe i should have gone. i could get into breeding something that pretty Razz
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-07-03, 17:09

Don't know anything about them! They sure look like they'd make some tasty treats for my Fasciatus:lol: Just Teasing! Very nice looking fish! Wish I could go!
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down