My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics)

2 posters

Go down

My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics) Empty My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics)

Post  TRD_Power 2010-06-25, 04:13

Here are a few pics, 2 of them are of my Yellowtail Barracuda (he's about 1/2" bigger now), the other is my Needlenose Gar. I know I promised a video of my cuda feeding a while back, but I managed to get the Gar tonight... The cuda will come later Smile My cuda is pretty brutal to watch eat sometimes because he bites the feeders' faces off, sometimes tails go floating around.... Still twitching.... Twisted Evil Anyways, you can kinda see my cuda in the beginning of the video as well as my Giant Pleco Smile Enjoy!

VIDEO:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics) Empty Re: My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics)

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-25, 05:00

awesome video... can hardly believe he can choke that thing down! lol... How often do you have to feed him?? I mean, you doesnt eat both in the same day right? How long have you had him?
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics) Empty Re: My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics)

Post  TRD_Power 2010-06-25, 05:20

sandnuka wrote:awesome video... can hardly believe he can choke that thing down! lol... How often do you have to feed him?? I mean, you doesnt eat both in the same day right? How long have you had him?

Thanks! I, too, was surprised at the size of fish the Gar can eat! That Pterodactyl beak can be very deceiving Smile The Cuda can eat some big fish, but the Gar can definitely get bigger ones down right now. I feed the both of them every day, usually about 4-6 fish a piece. Their menu can get quite spendy, but power feeding the carnivores gets them up to a more stable size quicker. I've had the Gar for about 2 weeks now Smile
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down