Hap vs. Coral

4 posters

Go down

Hap vs. Coral Empty Hap vs. Coral

Post  Paintguy 2012-08-21, 16:35

Sad, but he is still alive. My favorite Hap felt the need to try and swim through some coral in my tank. He was trapped and struggling for about 3 hours before I noticed he was stuck. Had to break it apart with a pair of pliers to get him free. For now I have put some extra salt in the tank & hope for the best. So just a warning to those out there with large chunks of coral... this is the risk to your larger fish.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Hap vs. Coral Empty Re: Hap vs. Coral

Post  Anthraxx 2012-08-22, 01:59

get some melafix in there as well (the tea tree stuff) it will really help with those open wounds and is only like 10$ just go way under the recommended dosage
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2012-08-23, 16:25

How's he doing now?

I had something similar happen to a Bolivian ram getting stuck in an opening in a piece of driftwood.

Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2012-08-23, 17:01

He barely made it a day. Would not eat, colors faded so he was waaay to stressed out. Bummer that I traded my other male a few months ago, so I am on the lookout for another male Copadichromis borleyi or try something different in that tank. Off to see Kev in a bit.. maybe he will have something for me.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JesseM 2012-09-03, 18:39

I had the same experience years ago so I feel your pain. I had some lava rock with a hole cut in them and the fish swam through it and got all cut up.Now I dont put anything in my tanks with the sharp texture that lava rock/coral has. Especially with those darn holes in them.
JesseM
JesseM
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down