Hybrid/mutt fish

+2
Anthraxx
Praxis87
6 posters

Go down

Hybrid/mutt fish Empty Hybrid/mutt fish

Post  Praxis87 2012-02-01, 15:20

I have a female rusty and a male afra that refuse to stop breeding. I'm not sure the babies are worth anything (grayish body with dark stripes, blue tinge to the light parts, fins turning more blue every day) and I don't have room for more than another litter of them in the tank. What do you guys do with your hybrids?

Praxis87
Fry

Back to top Go down

Hybrid/mutt fish Empty Re: Hybrid/mutt fish

Post  Anthraxx 2012-02-01, 15:30

unfortunately you need to give them away as either food, or simple euthanize them yourself. clove oil will put em to sleep. and freezing is another way. gl to ya but please dont allow these to get out into the hobby.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Praxis87 2012-02-01, 15:32

Do you think I'd have any luck getting them to stop if I found a female afra and a male rusty?

Praxis87
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-02-01, 16:11

ideally id get more of both species. i happen to have extra rusties i could sell off. and larrybeck should have some afras. u may be better off just rehoming one and sticking with one or the other. but then again any mbuna has the chance to breed with another.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2012-02-01, 22:17

I was lucky not to get hardly any hybrid crosses.... but kept most of my tanks species a lil' too different so that wouldnt have became a problem.... anyway, I think I opened a thread on this somewhere back in the day... had people vote what they would do....

I was always for feeding the babies to my other cichlid tanks.... they were healthy snack I didnt have to worry about gettin sick guppies from petsmart for there live treats. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AE86-Danny 2012-02-03, 00:48

ill take a few and let em grow up if you wanna see them grow out

AE86-Danny
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Addict 2012-02-03, 02:04

I will take!!!! I need some extras for my african tank and have no issue killing instead of giving them away.... done it alot with friends who didn't have the guts so they asked me to do it for them
Fish Addict
Fish Addict
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  greenorange123 2012-02-16, 03:16

This really is my first time i visit here. I identified numerous entertaining stuff inside your weblog, particularly its discussion. From the tons of
comments on your articles, I guess I'm not the only one getting all of the leisure right here! Preserve up the good perform.

greenorange123
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down