are there laws about the care of fish in petstores

4 posters

Go down

are there laws about the care of fish in petstores Empty are there laws about the care of fish in petstores

Post  aquaman95 2012-01-29, 13:01

Is there laws about the care of fish because it should be animal cruelty to sell sick fish or to have unmaintenanced filters. Is there any laws[right]
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

are there laws about the care of fish in petstores Empty Re: are there laws about the care of fish in petstores

Post  Jantilla 2012-01-29, 13:35

I agree. I was in petsmart and noticed two oscar's were covered in ick. They would have no problem selling the fish to somebody who doesn't know the fish is sick.
Jantilla
Jantilla

Back to top Go down

are there laws about the care of fish in petstores Empty Re: are there laws about the care of fish in petstores

Post  aquaman95 2012-02-18, 09:55

What can I do to help end ps cruelty
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2012-02-18, 10:32

aquaman95 wrote:What can I do to help end ps cruelty

On a mega scale nothing. On a local scale you could bring it to the mngrs attention. You could hang out their and warn people, maybe try writing a letter to Pet Smart corporate. Try and educate the people working in the fish dept, they prolly don't have a clue either.

Worse/best case? Apply for a job there and take care of it yourself.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-02-18, 11:23

Its suprisingly not a petco or petsmart it is pets&pals a small north tacoma pet shop and I probably could get a job there.I'm contemplating it. I wanna try and help but i don't wanna get a bad rep from other enthusiasts for even thinking of working I've been there once it wasn't my cup of tea
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2012-02-18, 11:53

My bad I thought it was a chain store. Shame on the smaller place! I would talk to the owner and say WTF? Why don't you take care of your fish better, thats a disgrace to the hobby and the fish you are profiting from.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-02-18, 13:50

It is the same in Ellensburg. I absolutely hate when I am in desperate need of something and I have to support that store. I have seen petsmarts with better looking tanks! I have talked with them and even had a friend who worked there complain about the tanks and they did nothing. I would hope if you have a conversation with these people you are taken more seriously. It would be lovely to find out if there was something that can be done beyond complaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2012-02-18, 18:45

yeah lol i live across the street from this store.. and honestly id rather order online and pay shipping then go next door for anything... i drive outta the way because of how disapointing that shop is. its really too bad that they suck so much. the one on mildred way back when at least had people who cared.. they didnt have much selection but they were pretty girls and they knew about fish so who cares ? Razz anyhoo just dont even bother that place is circling the drain and the poor quality puppy sales are the only thing keeping them afloat.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-02-19, 10:26

Omg finally someone saying this is a bad store I had some kid try and tell me its a tip top shop.id rather order online too or go to the petsmart by.target
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down