PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!!

3 posters

Go down

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!! Empty PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!!

Post  keri_75 2012-01-28, 02:34

Can I ask how do I cycle my fish tank without fish??? I don't have money to spend on fish that might die and also don't want to put them through that ordeal really if I don't have to!! I have it all set back up and put seeding in from other tank, not sure if enough (I had a 29 gal bio cube cartridge that I tore apart after swishing around in tank and there was a tiny bit of gravel and water from previous). I thought I was supposed to put prime in too and realized if it gets rid of ammonia, how is my tank going to get ammonia now?? I understand the process but I think I used fish the one time I cycled a tank!!! OMG please help I'm losing my mind!!!!

keri_75
Fry

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!! Empty Re: PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!!

Post  JimA 2012-01-28, 02:53

Hate to be rude but you also have this thing called Google. Prolly 10,000+ sites that will tell you what you need to do and how to cycle a tank with ammonia.

If you don't have money to spend maybe you shouldn't be in this hobby right now? You also need to have some patience, cycling a tank doesn't just happen over night it can take weeks.
You already lost fish to ick which probably could have been avoided if you had just paid attention to your tanks and fish! I don't know your whole story but you sound young?

Either way do some more research and learn it. It's not bad to ask but it's also not bad to figure it out on your own and gain some knowledge.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!! Empty Re: PLEASE HELP ME GET MY TANK CYCLED!!!

Post  fishloverRon 2012-01-28, 03:11

Keri - Check my pm to you. Don't let this event discourage you. All of us in the hobby at one time or another have lost fish/plants/inverts that taught us lessons.

JimA is right about Google, but I also know that sometimes, of the 10,000+ sites, you might get 10,000+ ways of doing something...! Right JimA???

I like knowing peeps in the hobby and like learning from them when I find they have experience in certain areas. That's just me and I like encouraging and helping others with what I've experienced and learned. Wouldn't you agree with that JoseZ?

So like I said, check the pm and try that.
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  keri_75 2012-01-28, 03:23

Um yeah JimA I've had my fish tanks for 6 years and never had Ich, I had gotten some new fish and then we had issues with the weather so I got stuck at home for 5 days. I havn't had to cycle a tank for ages and was confused on a few things. And yes I googled a million sites all with different ways. Thanks for not helping

keri_75
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2012-01-28, 03:46

keri_75 wrote:Um yeah JimA I've had my fish tanks for 6 years and never had Ich, I had gotten some new fish and then we had issues with the weather so I got stuck at home for 5 days. I havn't had to cycle a tank for ages and was confused on a few things. And yes I googled a million sites all with different ways. Thanks for not helping

Um yeah "like" here you go. Check it out might help you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down