How to treat live plants for Ich???

4 posters

Go down

How to treat live plants for Ich??? Empty How to treat live plants for Ich???

Post  keri_75 2012-01-26, 18:05

I recently lost all my fish from ich, I've decided to do a complete change of gravel and everything in 20 gal tank. I have two live healthy plants that were in tank with Ich. How do I save my plants and clean them of this crap???

keri_75
Fry

Back to top Go down

How to treat live plants for Ich??? Empty Re: How to treat live plants for Ich???

Post  Zerc 2012-01-26, 18:28

just let them sit for like 4-5 days. ich dies without a fish host.
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

How to treat live plants for Ich??? Empty Re: How to treat live plants for Ich???

Post  keri_75 2012-01-26, 18:30

How do I keep the plants alive??? Just put them in a bowl of water?? It will be days before they go back in my tank!!

keri_75
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2012-01-26, 18:31

yup, as long as they have water and light they will be fine for a few days.
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2012-01-26, 18:31

Ich's life cycle is temp dependent to, so if you keep fish in 82°+ you will never experience ich
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  keri_75 2012-01-26, 18:39

I'm probably going to be gettin more dojo's and they don't like 82 degrees but thanks. I now need to save my live plants and make sure they are Ich free is all!!!

keri_75
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2012-01-26, 19:54

like others have said Ich dies with out a fish host with in two days, keep them in water for a few days with out fish and you will be safe.

higher temps does not prevent ich it Speeds up its life cycle ..

when treating ich you pump the temp as high as your tank inhabitants can handle , to speed up the life cycle, Ich is only able to be killed in its free swimming stage when the white pockets burst. It always gets worse before it gets better.

just leave your plants in the tank if there are no fish and let it sit for a few days and you will be fine.

ick is in ALL of our tanks... it just attacks when fish are stressed/injured witch depresses there immune system. Some fish like loches and Oscars are prone to it, while others never seem to be affected.
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  keri_75 2012-01-27, 04:21

Kaosu wrote:like others have said Ich dies with out a fish host with in two days, keep them in water for a few days with out fish and you will be safe.

higher temps does not prevent ich it Speeds up its life cycle ..

when treating ich you pump the temp as high as your tank inhabitants can handle , to speed up the life cycle, Ich is only able to be killed in its free swimming stage when the white pockets burst. It always gets worse before it gets better.

just leave your plants in the tank if there are no fish and let it sit for a few days and you will be fine.

ick is in ALL of our tanks... it just attacks when fish are stressed/injured witch depresses there immune system. Some fish like loches and Oscars are prone to it, while others never seem to be affected.

Trust me I know all about Ich now, I got the Ich from healthy looking fish I bought and brought home. I never had any Ich outbreak ever in 6 years!!! My 2 dojo's were 5 plus years and golden was over a year. I am cleaning out the whole tank and starting over because I want to and don't want my live plants to die is all!! Thank you for your thoughts

keri_75
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down