new istlanum

3 posters

Go down

new istlanum Empty new istlanum

Post  Guest 2012-01-22, 20:36

Picked the new one up from apfp today. Shot a short video, got a text from madness in the middle of the video so that was loud. My tank needs a water change, its accumulated a little bit of poop in that one spot. Ill probably post another video in a few hours when the new one settles in a little. Anyway enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

new istlanum Empty Re: new istlanum

Post  fishman09 2012-01-22, 20:42

looks like a nics male for your female. be careful witht these two. spawning istlanum are some of the nastiest fish out there. heard of a pair taking up a 265 all by themselves. hope you dont wake up one morning to some terrorized fish and a pair on eggs
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-01-22, 21:04

I am planing to put them in there own tank soon. Hopefully a 5' was thinking of something tough enough to go with a breeding pair. I was thinking a breeding pair of adult convicts. But we will see.

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2012-01-22, 21:07

5' is a good size. most whove owned pairs say a 4 foot tank is too small and they get super abusive and even though theyre only like 10" fish a lot of people who have owned pairs say a 6' tank. anything in that tank will more than likely turn into ground fish meat Very Happy
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-01-22, 21:08

I will be pushing for a 6', but my wife said 5' max.. we will see.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-01-22, 22:45

fish_n_vw wrote:I will be pushing for a 6', but my wife said 5' max.. we will see.
5' tanks are much harder to find and command a higher price....It would actually be cheaper to find another 6' tank instead.

At least thats the reasoning I would use! Wink

The fish are looking great, you are on the brink to an all out breeding frenzy with your stocking in pairs. Could make some nice money with the fry from some of those harder to find fish you got.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-01-22, 23:51

There potentialy 5 breeding pairs in that tank. 2 seiboldei, 1 istlanum, 1 firemouth, and 1 lyonsi. Its kinda nuts. But I have the temp at 76 to keep the aggresion and growth rate down untill I get the other two tanks ji should be getting in a few months. I have like 20+ possible breeding pairs in the house if you count the africans I have. Thanks for the nice words D. I am happy with the way all these guys are growing. Maybee later in the week I will do alonger video of my 3 big tanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-01-23, 01:29

He looks real nice and is fitting in well, very quickly. GL.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2012-01-23, 02:25

Thanks. I hope, but don't want get my hopes up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down