New to forum so showing my little guys

+3
DMD123
fishloverRon
Monstafish
7 posters

Go down

New to forum so showing my little guys Empty New to forum so showing my little guys

Post  Monstafish 2011-12-20, 06:39

Hi! new to this site too ! brother found this site the other week and i was like wow finally a forum for washington fish lovers. well since im new ill post a picture of my latest project a discus planted aquarium been playing with for about 5 months now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

has a couple of big angels in there cause i picked them up from my girlfriends uncle which are breeding but he doesnt know how to deal with it so the angels will be in this tank until this weekend when i set a tank up for them. enjoy! Very Happy

Monstafish
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

New to forum so showing my little guys Empty Re: New to forum so showing my little guys

Post  fishloverRon 2011-12-20, 13:07

Welcome...! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
fishloverRon
fishloverRon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

New to forum so showing my little guys Empty Re: New to forum so showing my little guys

Post  DMD123 2011-12-20, 13:26

Welcome!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2011-12-20, 16:17

absolutely gorgeous! The angels arent too aggressive to the discus?? They look good together, I was always afraid to mix them for that reason though. Very nice setup though, the plants look great, keep up the good work.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  finsandfeathers 2011-12-20, 17:46

Welcome!!! Great group of people here!!!

Keep discus with angels also, though not breeding pairs but a few youngsters seems to keep the discus on their fins so to speak at feedings.

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-12-20, 17:53

ya me too no breeders... but the angel has tried to entice a discus or two once or twice... didnt work well for em it seemed.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Monstafish 2011-12-20, 18:23

Thanks guys for the positive feed back! but yes the angels are a little aggresive towards my discus's but no fin damage or nothing to crazy right now. i went to go move the angels to there new tank this morning cause i finally went to get a heater and guess what! i saw these little tadpole looking things on my magnet scrubber! hahaha of all places! they had there babies on that!. so the angels are gonna be staying in there for awhile. and let them do the parenting thing naturally and see how it goes. pretty cool stuff

Monstafish
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2011-12-21, 03:52

oooo.... they will get super aggressive now that they have babies, might want to consider moving those discus to the other tank. and congrats on the babies, love angels, breed like rabbits, super fun. Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Monstafish 2011-12-21, 04:00

yea but im not really a big fan of angels. hahaha. but im not gonna be moving the discus until my fish tank is done. me and my brother will be done building a 557 gallon plywood aquarium in about 2 weeks. would be much bigger but we have to think about moving it out if we do move haha=[

Monstafish
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  williemcd 2012-03-12, 15:35

The only issue I've had and read about regarding mixing Discus and Angels is that the Angels are aggressive feeders unlike the Discus. I feed very sparingly 5-6 times a day which wouldn't work if I had them mixed. Bill in Va.

williemcd
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down