Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish

2 posters

Go down

Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish Empty Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish

Post  fishfreak360 2011-12-08, 17:08

I had 5 neon tetra's in my tank and each night there would be one less tetras each night I was had a gut feeling it might have been the catfish till I fed the fish only to see the catfish swallow one whole, so question is is there any higly colored tetras that my catfish won't eat he has never shown aggression he just thought he was food.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish Empty Re: Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish

Post  DMD123 2011-12-08, 17:56

What size tank do you have?

There are many larger teras out there that would probably work. None That I would say are as colorful as the neons but still nice looking.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish Empty Re: Highly colored tetras that won't get eaten by my upside down catfish

Post  fishfreak360 2011-12-10, 00:50

I have a 50 gallon hex with lots of driftwood with plenty places to run around and swim on and around all over
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-12-10, 01:34

Catfish are predatory by nature and they eat what fits in their mouth. You need bigger fish. Buenos Aries tetra get bigger and would not be quite as easy of a meal. Maybe even a school of the blind cave fish could work. But they just dont have neon tetra pop of color to them. Some of the Australian rainbows might also be worth looking into.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down