The brichardi complex.

2 posters

Go down

The brichardi complex. Empty The brichardi complex.

Post  Guest 2011-10-22, 23:08

I have recently read on another post here that a pulcher had the common name brichardi... this isent the case. Just like with the central american cichlidsof the midas complex, one cannot just call any old amphilophus a midas. Closely related is not the same thing as being the same fish. Just thought I would share a write up by probably the best known african cichlid scientist Ad konings. In this artical from the cichlid room companion he describes in detail the diffrence between several of the fish within the "brichardi complex". The reason for posting this is to clear up something that could very easily turn into the "common red devil/midas" you see for sale out there that have been interbred back and forth so many times you don't know what it is anymore. At that point its gone to far and you have to start over with wild caught speciman... anyway here's that write up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With the best of intentions,
Anthony

Back to top Go down

The brichardi complex. Empty Re: The brichardi complex.

Post  Madness 2011-10-22, 23:32

Nice. My son could have told you all this. Very Happy lol

I only say that because he really wanted Brichardi, and he noticed that what stores called Brichardi, were not actually Brichardi. So he did lots of reading. He owns 2 pairs of Brichardi and 1 pair of Pulcher. We have noticed that the Brichardi want nothing to do with the Pulcher. The Brichardi share and watch all the several different spawns, and will not let the Pulcher near.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-10-22, 23:41

yeah. I thought it was common knowladge.

Back to top Go down

Post  TerenceH 2011-10-22, 23:50

I might have a Walteri I would be willing to get rid of.
TerenceH
TerenceH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down