Finandfeathers - random blog

2 posters

Go down

Finandfeathers - random blog Empty Finandfeathers - random blog

Post  finsandfeathers 2011-05-01, 13:57

So figured I'd start a random blog somewhere to remind myself and let others know what's going on. LOL it'll be lots of rambling more than likely

Current stocklist and if something is looking for a new home I'll mark it, not that I'll get everyone I always forget somebody

Chocolate cichlids
Red Head severums (pair of girls currently for sale right around 6" bodys)
Apisto caucatoides orange flash
L. curvicep
Black acara/Port cichlid
Kribs (w/c x tank raised) (extra young adult males for sale)
Uaru
Angels - Light & Dark marbles, silvers, spotted silvers, gold, green leopards
Christmas fulus
sp44
Ruby greens
C. moorii
Aceis
Labeotropheus fuelleborni
Discus
Leleupis
Guppys in various colors (pond project went awry) (fry for sale)
Mollys - yellow lyretails, dalmations sailfins & standard issue (fry for sale)
Platys - Mickey Mouse in blue & sunset lots with red fins, spotted (fry for sale)
Killifish - N'sukka and 2 native species
1 Betta - Chef wallyworld rescue who now is 5 years old
Blue paradise
My youngests bleeding heart feeder fish rescues
Koi
Lionheads
Orandas
Telescope butterflys
3 lunker refugee plecs
Brown bushy nose
Albino bushy nose
Spotted corys
Albino corys
Various snails - assisin, mts, ramshorn
Do have some wild native small fish I still need to sort out a bit once I get that done I'll update those also

Well yes its all the short/common - I'll get my list and update with scientific names not counting will be gradually changing or adding stock since will have a actual small local fish shop for people locally since we don't have many options - gotta love the neighbors but will be nice to have a place setup to ship fish instead of the diningroom table, overflow stock and bringing in a few more of the not so common species from various areas around the world

Last edited by finsandfeathers on 2011-06-14, 18:25; edited 1 time in total

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Finandfeathers - random blog Empty Re: Finandfeathers - random blog

Post  finsandfeathers 2011-05-05, 11:05

Friday 5/6/2011 the wild caught H. coryphanoides are coming in, quite excited about them hoping they look good when they get in!!

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  finsandfeathers 2011-05-20, 11:54

Well the H.coryphanoides never came in which sucks!!! Got rid of all the Johannis to make some room for mechengas, luteas, dwarf cats, more c.moorii and a few others.

5/19/2011 Got 11 baby discus and I mean babys - they all made it thru the first night with flying colors. Have them in with L.curviceps to avoid any shyness or hiding issues which is working well. Within a hour of being released into their tank they were at the front begging for food.

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-05-20, 16:43

Very nice stock list Smile
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  finsandfeathers 2011-06-14, 18:24

New Editions since last update:

10 what were dime size discus
Koi (if the youngest is going to keep "goldfish" he's going to do it with some kind of goal are my thoughts and something he can get some return by the time he's old enough to start understanding)

L.Curviceps got the parenting correct this time and have free swimmers

Then there is the "pond experiment 2011" this year didn't put but a few livebearers in the pond 6-8 didn't get an exact count simply just took a couple of scoops out of 2 different tanks trying for the most to be males.
6-8 Jar baby marble angels that went into the pond at earaser size with the exception of 1 who had been put in QT with the discus to make their new living arrangements a bit more comfortable along with easing the initial shyness
5 nickel size red discus

temp 82F, huge box filter for filteration, water lilly for live plant and a couple of misc pieces of driftwood that had been collected a few years ago at the coast

didn't deep clean the pond this year as I did last year so there were lots of micros on the walls for them to eat, already they seem to have grown!!

Still in the process of rearraning a bunch of fish since some of my favorites were unhappy with their new tanks they were placed in thinking they had more room and they'd be more apt to spawn well didn't work that way so now moving fish from their previous tanks so they can return to the tanks they "liked" and were spawning for me in.

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  finsandfeathers 2011-06-23, 02:32

Well the pond is doing wonderful the baby angels have really blossomed and growing well, knocked over the lilly when doing a water change 6/21 so couldn't see to catch one of the discus to get a pic on how much they've grown. will try and do that in the next day or so

finsandfeathers
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down