Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid"

4 posters

Go down

Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid" Empty Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid"

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-04-10, 20:58

So I bought some of these little buggers for a species tank I'm setting up and I thought i had researched them really well. Guess I didn't because I didn't really want to end up with a fish explosion.

They are currently ~1" questions:

1) how fast do they mature? Will I have time to find homes for the extras before spawning occurs and domestic abuse runs rampant?

2) I understand the parents 'raise' the fry until they can 'take care of themselves' but will the fry require any extra maintenance from me?

3) No, they haven't spawned yet, but from what I'm reading online in forums is that they breed easily and in quantity. Is there a way I can prevent them from reproducing? Other than only having females. Overcrowding maybe?

Any help would be great!!

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid" Empty Re: Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid"

Post  Addictedtofish 2011-04-10, 21:32

Im pretty sure by what I have read about them, that there not much different besides coloring of a Brichardi. I use to breed Brichardi's and found out the hard way the only way you can keep multiples in the tank is by buying like 6 of them and waiting for them to pair off. After they have paired off you will want to find a new home for the remainder 4 because the others will be killed off in a short time. After they have paired off they can start reproducing by 2" and will keep reproducing every 2 weeks, and you can keep multiple generations in the same tank until there old enough to start to reproduce. They will only produce so many new fry to tank size and may eat new fry to make room for new batch.
Addictedtofish
Addictedtofish
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid" Empty Re: Neolamprologus Pulcher "Daffodil Cichlid"

Post  Anthraxx 2011-05-13, 05:07

heres a pic of my brichardi setup. all but 3 were ejected. so far it looks like i may end up with a colony. who knows. i can only hope. GL with urs mine enjoy a nice diet high in protein and color enhancers. working well to develop a nice mask on the "male" i just tossed up my breeder net from the livebearers theasco and put unwanteds in there. helps them not to get trashed before you attempt to sell them. gl to ya and hopefully they breed for you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  luv_my_fishies 2011-05-13, 11:27

I am interested in your "extra's"
I have 2 and apparently are not a "pair"
luv_my_fishies
luv_my_fishies
FishBox Member

http://www.luv-my-fishies.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-05-13, 12:12

I will let you know when they need new homes, everything is going smooth right now.

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-05-14, 22:22

gonna post pics of your fish? Razz id love to see how they look Shocked
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-05-14, 22:32

I can't, no camera or internet Neutral

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-05-14, 22:36

boo. internet is a must Sad
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-05-14, 22:51

That's why I have my fancy, piece of crap phone!

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-05-14, 23:53

i see. that fancy phone of urs cant post pics? well it could if u had the internet Sad
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down