BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection!

4 posters

Go down

BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection! Empty BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection!

Post  Kaie 2011-02-01, 18:16

Has anyone ordered Africans from BlueGrassAquatics.com?

As far as all the websites ive looked at go... they have the biggest selection of Malawis. Seems like decent prices. Bear in mind i'm new to Africans....

They even have this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for $150. It comes with like 22 fish and some other stuff. But, that comes out to like 6 dollars a fish.

I will say though 20 fish seems like quite a bit for a 55gal. Though i suspect 3xAC 70s pumping away at 300GPH with quality media, 20 wouldn't really be an issue.

i really like this guy that they have.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyways what do you guys think?
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection! Empty Re: BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection!

Post  Kaie 2011-02-01, 20:23

oh i found this gem

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

However in that package contains 2 catfish from Tanganyika. I think ill just order fish individually. Though all the fish listed in that package are nice looking fish =P.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection! Empty Re: BlueGrass Aquatics? Nice selection!

Post  Paintguy 2011-02-01, 21:48

Figure another $40 for shipping that package. Looks like pretty decent reviews.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2011-02-01, 21:59

Looking closer at the package those particular fish are the tame ones that should not have any problems all in a tank together. 22 fish once adult size would be a little full in a 55, but you should figure in a few casualties before then. Many keep their Malwai tank a little crowded to spread out aggression also, just do more water changes.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2011-02-01, 23:20

They have a great selection of both African and C/S Americans.
And orders over 25O are free shipping. I have ordered from them
Before and I would again.
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-02-01, 23:39

Paintguy wrote:Looking closer at the package those particular fish are the tame ones that should not have any problems all in a tank together. 22 fish once adult size would be a little full in a 55, but you should figure in a few casualties before then. Many keep their Malwai tank a little crowded to spread out aggression also, just do more water changes.

How often do you suppose?

rattle1972 wrote:They have a great selection of both African and C/S Americans.
And orders over 25O are free shipping. I have ordered from them
Before and I would again.

Oh dang! Id rather spend another $10 on top of the 39.99 for shipping and get a bunch more fish. How long do these normally take to max out in size? Might give me more time to get a bigger tank.

On a side note. When you order fish in the mail how do they come? Those package delivery outfits [UPS, FedEx, USPS] just throw people around.
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2011-02-01, 23:51

Kaie wrote:
On a side note. When you order fish in the mail how do they come? Those package delivery outfits [UPS, FedEx, USPS] just throw people around.

that depends on the shipper and how far you are...i have had all 3 deliver fish to me
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2011-02-02, 00:07

hahahaha i meant throw packages around not people.

But seriously ive received 2 boxes in the last day with holes punched in them
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down