TEXAS HOLDEM

4 posters

Go down

TEXAS HOLDEM Empty TEXAS HOLDEM

Post  Madness 2010-12-24, 17:32

So, how many of you out there are avid players of Texas Holdem? Or even just casual players, or people that have always wanted to play?

Chime in, and let me know who you are. My son plays select baseball and every year we throw a Texas Holdem Tournament around the middle to the end of February. There will be a free dinner served to all players. In the past we have payed out 5 places. There will be auction items and raffles. Do to the economy being what it is, I know that this year we will be charging less to play. In the past it was $70 a head to play, w/ $30 re-buys. This year it will be less. We have averaged 50-60 players in the past, but are hoping for 60-100 this year. The more money raised for the team, the bigger the tournaments.

A little about the team. We play out of the Puyallup select league. Last year the boys were 14U and this year we will be playing as the young-ins at 15 and under, playing in a 16U league. Last year they played 4 tournaments, 2 local and 2 in Eastern Washington. They took 3rd, 1st, 1st, and 1st, in the 4 tournaments. The last one they had the opportunity to play the 15th ranked team in the state. We beat them in the opening game 2-1 in 9inns, and met them again in the championship, and won 15-9. This year we are hoping to play more state recognized tourneys, so that they can begin to receive a State ranking.

Thanks for reading, and if your interested in a fun night of cards and food and company, chime on in. I know that there are a few of you out there that love to play. Plus this could give me and other fish enthusiasts, a chance to meet and have fun.

If poker is not your thing, and you just want to have dinner and auction. We will be selling dinner only tickets also.

Oh, and drinks will be available. Unfortunately, you have to pay for those. Smile
Enumclaw Tourney 1st place
[img]TEXAS HOLDEM Enumcl10[/img]
Redmond Tourney 1st place
[img]TEXAS HOLDEM Redmon10[/img]
Yakima Tourney 1st place
[img]TEXAS HOLDEM Yakima10[/img]
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

TEXAS HOLDEM Empty Re: TEXAS HOLDEM

Post  Madness 2011-02-11, 16:34

Come on, are you all telling me that there are NO poker players on this thing? I refuse to believe that.

Well, here I go again, looking for players. I have the info.

Tournament date: Feb. 26th @ 7pm. Dinner starts at 4pm w/auction following dinner. The cost of the tournament is $60, which includes the dinner and poker. But if you want dinner you need to be there at dinner time. Smile Buy ins will be $25.

The tournament will be held in Orting at the Elks club.

So, come on all you poker players, you know that you want to play. Not to mention, I will finally get to meet you. Now I know thats the deal breaker there. lol!

If interested, just ad to this thread or send me a pm.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2011-02-11, 16:47

I love me some Texas Holdem, but no extra $ to donate on a team other the my sons.
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-02-11, 16:55

Oh come on Paint Guy. I'll return the favor. Smile

But as you probably know. Select sports is not cheap.

Let me know if you have a change of heart. Or some extra cash. lol!
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2011-02-12, 11:59

I don't play, but the dinner sounds interesting. This could be a neat way to help a team out and maybe set up a WFB "Meet n Greet" for dinner and then hit up some stores afterwards.
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2011-02-12, 13:03

As much as I would love to play, I can't make it.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-02-12, 17:38

I agree Ashley that sounds like a great idea. If seriously interested let me know, I need to sell tickets in advance, last year we sold at the door, but this year they don't want to do that.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down