Uhh Ohh...

5 posters

Go down

Uhh Ohh... Empty Uhh Ohh...

Post  Billiethekid 2010-12-14, 17:37

So i decided about 2 weeks ago tht my africans needed my 35 gallon and my Red Zebra Tank could be condensed into a all african Mbuna tank.. yea... i only have one Yellow Lab. and i thought it was a he... but i dont think "He's" carry eggs in their mouth.. so I now have a cross with something and i have no idea... I have about 7 different possible Males and only 4 different species.. im kinda excited yet unhappy to see the babies.. because now ive crossbred freakin africans... bad me..
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/andrew.arcand

Back to top Go down

Uhh Ohh... Empty Re: Uhh Ohh...

Post  Betty 2010-12-14, 17:57

The best thing you could do is let her spit in the tank. The chances of survivors will be small that way. It's sad, but you don't want to end up like me -- I have one (wasted) tank now that I keep hybrids and other misfits in because I can't let the hybrids get out and I won't euthanize them just because they are hybrid.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Billiethekid 2010-12-14, 18:02

lol, aiight... theres a birchir and rapheal catfish and a baby "featherfin"
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-14, 20:55

hwy betty why dont you see if someone wants some free or cheap food... Im sure someone wouldnt mind.. Unless your that attached...Smile
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  USMCtanker 2010-12-14, 21:00

Doza wrote:hwy betty why dont you see if someone wants some free or cheap food... Im sure someone wouldnt mind.. Unless your that attached...Smile
this is true, my ray pups are little piggys. always wanting more fish an food.
USMCtanker
USMCtanker
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-12-14, 21:30

Billiethekid wrote:So i decided about 2 weeks ago tht my africans needed my 35 gallon and my Red Zebra Tank could be condensed into a all african Mbuna tank.. yea... i only have one Yellow Lab. and i thought it was a he... but i dont think "He's" carry eggs in their mouth.. so I now have a cross with something and i have no idea... I have about 7 different possible Males and only 4 different species.. im kinda excited yet unhappy to see the babies.. because now ive crossbred freakin africans... bad me..

LOL Ya, I'm pretty sure I told you that would happen. Razz Chances are good you've got a red zebra/yellow lab mix, as those two seem to find each other irresistible. I had a few of those mixes myself before I split up the labs and zebras into 2 tanks. Basically, red zebras are horn dogs that seem to find most any other fish attractive (or at least attractive enough).

I've had good luck with letting them spit in the tank so far, but I will admit that I have one cross-breed that I've held on to; the father was chipokae and the mother kenyi. She has both horizontal and vertical barring, and at any point in time she may be displaying one, the other, or both. Her body shape is a cross between the two as well. Funny thing is that chipokae males are blue and females yellow, whereas kenyi males are yellow and females blue. "Monster" ended up yellow, but has some blue in her fins.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2010-12-14, 21:39

I'm completely attached to mine. I've had some of them for over 4 years now and they're not bad looking hybrids. They'll get to live out their lives here until old age or some catastrophic equipment failure happens. Puffy

Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-14, 21:40

larry.beck wrote:
Billiethekid wrote:So i decided about 2 weeks ago tht my africans needed my 35 gallon and my Red Zebra Tank could be condensed into a all african Mbuna tank.. yea... i only have one Yellow Lab. and i thought it was a he... but i dont think "He's" carry eggs in their mouth.. so I now have a cross with something and i have no idea... I have about 7 different possible Males and only 4 different species.. im kinda excited yet unhappy to see the babies.. because now ive crossbred freakin africans... bad me..

LOL Ya, I'm pretty sure I told you that would happen. Razz Chances are good you've got a red zebra/yellow lab mix, as those two seem to find each other irresistible. I had a few of those mixes myself before I split up the labs and zebras into 2 tanks. Basically, red zebras are horn dogs that seem to find most any other fish attractive (or at least attractive enough).

I've had good luck with letting them spit in the tank so far, but I will admit that I have one cross-breed that I've held on to; the father was chipokae and the mother kenyi. She has both horizontal and vertical barring, and at any point in time she may be displaying one, the other, or both. Her body shape is a cross between the two as well. Funny thing is that chipokae males are blue and females yellow, whereas kenyi males are yellow and females blue. "Monster" ended up yellow, but has some blue in her fins.

Must see "Monster"
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Billiethekid 2010-12-15, 03:33

larry.beck wrote:

lol yea you did... but they have only been together for about 2 weeks...
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-12-15, 03:40

Billiethekid wrote:lol yea you did... but they have only been together for about 2 weeks...

Seems like it only takes about 2 hours, doesn't it? Shocked
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-15, 03:42

If you were caged in with Jessica Alba how long would it take you.. Laughing
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-12-15, 03:52

Doza wrote:If you were caged in with Jessica Alba how long would it take you.. Laughing

haha
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Billiethekid 2010-12-15, 15:28

lol.. so weird thing happened last night... I wake up this morning for work and look at the tank and think briefly to myself hmm.. something doesnt look right but i need to leave... so i go to work and come back to find out i lost one of my Jewels and ALL my fish have a bite mark or more.. Birchir, Pleco(tattered fins), my 2" Featherfin i mean Everyone and the Previously Mentioned Yellow Lab. is no longer holding... BUT I have a Pair forming in my Jewels(one is dancing for the other they are both Brilliant Red and sticking together..) My Largest Male Red Zebra is Dancing for one of my Smaller Red Zebras... and my Kenyi Male (who has decided he is too small to boss everyone around now..) is dancing for my Little Kenyi Female(?still Blue but smaller by just a .25" so idk if its doin the whole dominant male and hiding male or really is a female But anyways) So yea.. they Wouldnt do Jack $H|T when i had them in 2 separate tanks but now tht i have em all together this is waht i get...
Billiethekid
Billiethekid
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum