Spirulina for Mbuna food..

4 posters

Go down

Spirulina for Mbuna food.. Empty Spirulina for Mbuna food..

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 03:37

What do you guys think about this source of spirulina for diy mbuna food???

Spirulina Pure Powder
All natural powder from Spirulina platensis G. (all algae)
A Green Algae Super Food
You are ordering one pack of 500 grams (1.1 lb) Spirulina pure powder, food grade. There is not any additive or filler inside. Best by: 07-04-2013.

Appearance: dark green powder. Taste: Characteristic. Solubility: very slightly soluble in cold water, mixable in water. Odor: Characteristic, seaweed-like (slightly). Store in cool and dry place, keep away from strong light and heat.

This spirulina pure powder is good for direct consumption, formulation, health product R&D (research and development), or your business purpose.

Generally Suggested Use: Take 3 to 10 grams (1 to 2 teaspoons) a day will provide significant health benefits. To mix Spirulina powder in fruit juice or cool water. For cooking, add to soups, pastas, etc.. Preferably between or before meals for good nutrition without the heaviness of bulky food. Or do your own research for dosage and your usage purpose.

More packs and packing sizes are available, please visit our store.
500 grams (1.1 lb) spirulina powder is $15.95;
1000 grams (2.2 lb) spirulina powder is $30.95;
2000 grams (4.4 lb) spirulina powder is $58.95;
5000 grams (11 lb) spirulina powder is $129.
Please contact for bulk quantity order. We do combine shipping, you will save shipping cost.
Health Benefits: Many people use Spirulina in their own self-care strategy for more energy, nutritional insurance, weight control and cleansing. Athletes discover more endurance and strength. Seniors find better nutrient absorption.

Spirulina is a blue green micro-algae that grows in alkaline water. It is the world healthiest food rich in beta carotene (10 times more concentrated than carrots) and phytonutrients. This tiny aquatic plant offers 60% all-vegetable protein (with all the essential amino acids), essential vitamins (high in Vit-B12 and Vit-B complex) and phytonutrients such as the antioxidant beta carotene, the rare essential fatty acid GLA, sulfolipids, glycolipids and polysaccharides. Its deep color comes from its rainbow of natural pigments: chlorophyll (green), phycocyanin (blue) and carotenoids (orange), that harvest the sun energy. Spirulina is easily to be digested, so nutrients are absorbed quickly. Spirulina is the most extensively researched food microalgae, well documented in numerous books, journal articles, and periodicals.

Quality: Specification of this Spirulina Pure Powder
Following Certificate of Analysis (COA) is transferred from the COA of manufacturer

Powder Batch Size: 1000Kg
Manufacture Date: 07-05-2010
Expiration Date: 07-04-2013

Appearance: Dark green powders
Mesh size: 80~120mesh
Beta-carotene: 240mg/100g
Chlorophyll: 1.20%
Protein: 64.79%
Odor: Characteristic
Taste: Characteristic
Excipient: Negative
Identification: Positive (TLC, IR)
Moisture: 6.72%
Residue on Ignition: 6.64%
Pesticides: Negative
Pigment: Negative
Arsenic: <0.5ppm
Heavy Metals: <10ppm
Lead: <1ppm
E.Coli: Negative
Salmonella: Negative
Staphylococcus Aureus: Negative
Total Plate Count cfu/g: 3800cfu/g
Yeast & Mold cfu/g: 60 cfu/g

Warnings: Above description is for information and knowledge purpose, not a healthcare professional advice. Please read the whole description carefully before you decide to buy this item. Please consult your doctor and/or pharmacist before you take this amino acid. Pregnant or lactating women, diabetics, hypoglycemics, and people with known medical conditions and/or taking drugs, should consult with a licensed physician and/or pharmacist prior to starting any supplementation program.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Motto of NuSci: With the best knowledge from medicinal chemist (Ph.D.) consultant, NuSci will always provide the best products with the highest quality and competitive price to serve people.

Payment Method: PayPal preferred. Winning bidder must check out within 3 days after the auction is over.
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Spirulina for Mbuna food.. Empty Re: Spirulina for Mbuna food..

Post  larry.beck 2010-11-29, 03:51

I've heard this can be pretty good. One precaution - if you overfeed, supposedly this will produce green algae growth in the tank. If you want that (lots of folks do!) then all is good, but if you like an algae-free tank then this may be somewhat risky.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 03:53

ok good to know.. I love algea.. Like ive said free food... I know you need to change up the diet and not just feed spirulina rich food... I was just curious being it talks about it being for human consumption if it was still ok for fish....

Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-11-29, 03:54

I'm not familiar with this exact product, just with this "type" of product.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 03:57

yea.. I figure it would be fine.. safe for human consumption should be safe for fish... Spirulina should be spirulina.. This i would figure is the purest for you can get..

Even tho there are things we can eat that other animals cant so if anyone sees anything with this product that wouldnt be good please chime in.. i think it said it had other vitamins in what not in it but far as i know those are produced from the spirulina naturaly..

Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-11-29, 04:07

If you go down this path definitely post back and let us know how it goes. I've contemplated a high-spirulina diet in my mbuna tanks in the past.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 04:10

you cant beat the price either.. I would but unemployed now so it might be a while.. lol...

But with this spirulina and a couple hand fulls of some free collected rinsed ulva and seaweed and some fruits and veges and you would have a cheap alternate food source.
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  endangered cichlids 2010-11-29, 14:28

lol , id skip the spirulina in my diet . if ur starving that bad im me and theres a plate at my table open for u buddy ... but for fish its awsome .. especially babys ...
endangered cichlids
endangered cichlids

http://www.camelotpainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-11-29, 17:19

endangered cichlids wrote:lol , id skip the spirulina in my diet . if ur starving that bad im me and theres a plate at my table open for u buddy ... but for fish its awsome .. especially babys ...
Rolling Eyes

LMFAO ROFL lol!
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern 2011-01-07, 23:50

I use it in my homemade frozen foods, good stuff and yes it is the human grade, same thing.
Fern
Fern

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2011-01-09, 01:27

yea thats the same thing i was thinking is for when i do another batch of Diy Food..
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down