Map with locations of local fish stores

+4
icer711
cafman
stierwalt3
Betty
8 posters

Go down

Map with locations of local fish stores Empty Map with locations of local fish stores

Post  Betty 2010-09-11, 22:14

Hey guys,

I have a tendency to get lost when going to the fish stores out of my area that I don't visit very often, so I was putting together a map this morning of the stores that I have been to (and a couple that I'd like to go to) and thought this might be a good idea for the site to have in the Rate the Fish Store section. The ratings are a great idea, but there are no addresses in the topics, so having a map in that section would help to locate these stores.

The Google maps are customizable and you could highlight our sponsors' stores with a different color or symbol to make them stand out or whatever other ideas you come up with. You can add pictures, videos, descriptions, etc.

Here's mine as an example -- hope this works. Very Happy (I know there are a lot more stores than just these.)

View Fish stores in a larger map

If you click "View Fish stores in a larger map" it takes you to the full view with the names of the fish stores listed in alphabetical order. Or you can click on the markers on the map and it should tell you the name of the fish store. Or you can just use a link if you don't want to embed the map --> Fish Store Map
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Map with locations of local fish stores Empty Re: Map with locations of local fish stores

Post  stierwalt3 2010-09-11, 23:12

What a awesome idea...great job! cheers
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Map with locations of local fish stores Empty Re: Map with locations of local fish stores

Post  cafman 2010-09-12, 00:22

saddened by the lack of legit fish stores on the peninsula.
cafman
cafman
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-12, 01:41

lack lol ........ ha ha how about any?????
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2010-09-12, 01:54

cafman wrote:saddened by the lack of legit fish stores on the peninsula.

icer711 wrote:lack lol ........ ha ha how about any?????

Utter and complete absence. Well, salterwater peeps have a nice, albeit small store in The Shark Reef and koi peeps have Clear Creek Nursery. For the rest of us... it' s just a dark hole.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-12, 08:38

ha very truce but i have to claim the shark reef as my fish store out here lol i buy supply's from time to time form him also hes back at clear creek so they now are basically the same place now
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-09-12, 10:15

great idea!
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-09-12, 13:02

Great idea betty
It took me forever to find aquarium plus...a couple of months ago
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-09-12, 18:45

Betty, that's an awesome idea! We could use yours, or I could create one! PM me Smile
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-12, 18:48

get one this one Wink
ha ha and mikey we should make one for where other members are Wink that way we kinda know who our neighbors are... and no exact add are not required just a general center of town like tacoma, lakewood, DT seattle, shorline kinda of thing
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-09-12, 19:02

icer711 wrote:get one this one Wink
ha ha and mikey we should make one for where other members are Wink that way we kinda know who our neighbors are... and no exact add are not required just a general center of town like tacoma, lakewood, DT seattle, shorline kinda of thing

that's a good idea...i think you mentioned this before. Can people add their location? because I'm not about to do 250 members on the map Smile lol
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-09-12, 19:05

lol yes i have.. but a general local for all in the area would work out fine i think... but it would be at each members choosing to participate... and What a Face 250 WOW where have i been?
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-09-12, 19:07

icer711 wrote:lol yes i have.. but a general local for all in the area would work out fine i think... but it would be at each members choosing to participate... and What a Face 250 WOW where have i been?

We have 296 registered users. Smile
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2010-09-13, 10:41

Icer, have you ever clicked on "Who is online" down toward the bottom of the index page? That will show you the approximate location of members, but only the ones that happen to be online at the same time.

I have been on a couple of forums that have the maps that let members add their own locations as well.

Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down