Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4
Service 5
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Midway Tropical Fish and Pets- Kent Empty Re: Midway Tropical Fish and Pets- Kent

Post  Guest 2010-05-10, 18:19

Overall experiance 3
Cost 4
Quality fish 3
Viriaty 3
Service 5

Back to top Go down

Midway Tropical Fish and Pets- Kent Empty Re: Midway Tropical Fish and Pets- Kent

Post  sidekicking 2010-05-10, 19:51

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 4
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2010-05-20, 19:30

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4
Service 4
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-06-08, 00:27

Overall Experience 3
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 2
Variety 1
Service 3
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jettej 2010-06-08, 01:14

Experience 3
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 3
Service 3
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-19, 14:27

Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 5

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-19, 17:01

Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 4.8
Service 5

Last edited by sandnuka on 2010-06-19, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-06-19, 17:40

We have a lot of members that have been going there. I'm going to try to get them to be sponsors so they can let us know when they get new fish in (and we get first dibs Very Happy )
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole99v 2010-07-03, 19:38

I work here I wish we could/would sponsor wafishbox. But hey you can always ask me or alex for new stuff sounds like a good idea though Sad
Cole99v
Cole99v
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-11, 17:46

Another great experience at Midway today. I picked up 30 Nerite snailzorz. I walked in and was like, "I want all your Nerite's." lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-07-21, 12:29

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

now i used to have a big problem with this place. everytime i would go i would be completely ignored...now that seems to have changed. great little store. just wish they had more central and south americans.
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2010-08-03, 22:19

Overall Experience 2
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 2
Variety 3
Service 2

I've given this place so many chances. I just can't bring myself to buy fish here. Doesn't seem like anyone takes care of the tanks. Went there a couple of weeks ago and saw atleast 3 tanks with ich, 1 fish swimming sideways completely while 2 other fish in the same tank were trying to eat it. I always see dead fish in their tanks as well. Custmer service is crazy, good thing I research things before I go places. I get the "well it should" from a guy trying to help me... Sweet! Anyways, it is a nice shop, I just think they need to take care of their tanks a little better and have the young people that work there read on things they don't know about. If they don't know, they should say "you know what, I'm not to sure but let me go ask .... In the back, he/she will know, give me one second" not "well it should"
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  momsfishn 2010-08-04, 21:15

I was in there with my son and his wife last Saturday, and I have to say that I was extremely disappointed it what I saw. The tanks were not very clean and there was a lot of dead fish in them. They had some Shellies, they looked pretty good. I was excited about that because I hope to get some when I get back home in the fall. Anyway, just my opinion. This was my second trip there, it wasnt as bad the first time. Maybe it will be better the next time I go and hope to buy something. Buy the way, my son has Multies that he got in Idaho. The shop owner said he got them up here in the Seattle area. Hmmm! Rolling Eyes
momsfishn
momsfishn
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-08-17, 01:22

i would give this place 3s at best except variety i give 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Racersk 2010-08-24, 22:40

I am seeing some bad press on this store. So far I have been very happy with the guys here, they actively get rare fish in...Yes they do get busy, so if you are shopping at one o'clock on a Saturday, your probably not gonna get great service! I stopped by on Monday and picked up a super cool Bichir, and they called one of their suppliers on the spot looking for a different species for me. That's customer service!

If I have questions about fish, I go here! The younger guys have fish keeping passion that many stores can't afford. I will routinely step in if a Pet'smart or co' employee sells a common Pleco to the owner of a 10 gallon tank, but at Midway, this simply won't happen!

Much props!

Racersk
Racersk
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodnNuff 2010-08-26, 19:52

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 1-5 depending on the visit*
Variety 4
Service 5

Great service, knowledgable staff, but man the last two times I've been in there are far too many *dead fish in the tanks to make me feel comfortable buying fish.
And no, it wasn't busy.
GoodnNuff
GoodnNuff
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2010-09-01, 23:16

Stop by today. Had great service and a couple of the guys helped me out for quite some time. Tanks looked a hell of a lot better! No diseases or dead fish!

Good JOB!
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  dandelion 2010-09-09, 12:01

I discovered this store by driving past it. I had to make two u-turns to even get into their parking lot!
I went in search of a particular substrate, and found it! BUT, I needed like 100lbs, they only had about 25lbs and the store owner would not come off where he gets it from. Thanks to a poster on this board, I now know. Wink
The fish looked good, and the employees very helpful and talkative. Considering they are quite a drive from where I live, I probably won't be patronizing the store unless I'm in the neighborhood. If you live nearby, I would suggest Midway.

Overall Experience 4
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 4

dandelion
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  smashahashi 2010-11-22, 13:41

overall experience 3.5
cost 3.5
quality of fish 4
variety 4
service 4

smashahashi
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  TRD_Power 2010-12-30, 02:09

Overall: 4.5
Cost: 4
Quality of fish: 4
Variety: 4.8
Service: 4.5

Only had bad service from one guy here. Not many places carry Redtail Barracuda's and Vampire Tetra's at the same time, so that earns MAJOR points in the variety section from me! Smile
TRD_Power
TRD_Power
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  humsuplou 2011-01-25, 01:02

overall experience: 4.5
cost:4
quality of fish: 4
variety 4
service 4

Pretty good overall. Happy with their selections on African cichlids.

humsuplou
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Fish Aquatics 2011-02-17, 02:21

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

one of my all time favorites

Big Fish Aquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2011-03-29, 21:13

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

This place carries most, if not all the best fish foods and aquarium equipment hardware!
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pleco_Party 2011-05-09, 03:49

Overall Experience 4
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 3

This is one of the 2 aquatic pet stores that I go to almost every week. They always have a good selection. The service is a 3 because a few of the guys that work there make me feel weird about bothering them. But the bald guy and Alex are very very helpful. If I ask Alex if they have anything new or cool he goes out of his way to show me. He even shows me stuff that they can order if I want. I think everyone should check this place out. Good Variety and great prices, that is the reason I always come back.
Pleco_Party
Pleco_Party

https://www.facebook.com/christophermbrantley

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2012-08-17, 21:28

I stopped by today with my son.... a lot of tanks were in sad shape with multiple fish sick. I was surprised as i have never experienced this before and then I heard even worse news that the owner had passed away a week ago. I didn't know him personally, but it still saddens me! I am also sad that midway may be suffering because of this. wish i lived closer, i'd volunteer to clean some of those tanks.
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2012-08-17, 21:53

Damn, I did not know that. I knew that the tanks were suffering but didnt know why. One of the all time classic stores, been around for ever. Hope they pull through.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2012-08-17, 22:19

me too! I have always had good luck with their fish!!!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  jettej 2012-08-18, 13:24

I just called them about 2 weeks ago and they answered all my questions fine. only thing I noticed was they were a lil bit busy or something really wasnt right. I feel bad for the family and the business had a few chats with the owner he's nice.
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2012-08-18, 20:07

I agree, they were still really friendly and knowledgeable! I just noticed that a few of the african tanks had dead fish that were covering in slime, and a couple of c. american tanks that were covered in brown algae with the fish gasping at the top. There was a young man working on some of the tanks in the back..... but like you said, he seemed to be a lil bit busy!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubermunch 2012-12-31, 17:36

Overall Experience 4.5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 5
Service 4
I actually got 1 Gymnogeophagus"Blue Neon", 1 Pinoy Angel, 1 Silver Angel, 1 Gold Angel and a some plants. Staff seemed knowledgeable but busy place. Tanks were looking somewhat bad( need cleaning, dead fish need to be removed)

Ubermunch
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-01-15, 20:21

One of my favorite store. And not just becasue I live only 5 minutes away. Alex is a pleasure to deal with.

They probably have the best shrimp selection of any store I've been to by far! Scored a SSS crystal Black there last night after selling them my dragon scales.

overall experience 5
cost 4
quality of fish 4
variety 5
service 5
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  janky 2013-01-25, 20:16

overall experience 2
cost 3
quality of fish 2
variety 5
service 1
I know this is a community favorite, and I hate to be negative but I've never been comfortable buying fish here. I am really sorry to hear about their loss, and I wish them the best personally, but I never understood why the store itself gets such high ratings.

I've gone there a few times looking for specific things because their variety is awesome, but every time I was grossly disappointed by the store conditions, tank conditions, dead fish and disease everywhere, and terrible customer service.

I would say I've gone there maybe 4 times total, and only once has anyone ever greeted me or asked if I needed help. Weird. When I ask questions it seems like I'm annoying them (and I'm not 'window-shopping' and playing 20 ?s either). Prices are on the high side as well.

Honestly, the store is filthy and smells horrible. The tanks are pretty awful too. Sorry to sound mean, I've just never been a fan of this store. It is definitely a last resort, and often I'm more willing to wait for someone else to order something than I am to drive there and buy what they have in stock.

janky
janky
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-01-26, 01:39

Overall experince 5

I found my white (actually golden) Axolotl last Saturday here. The store was packed full of customers yet my daughter was able to get help right away. The price is what I expected to pay for a golden Axolotl.
cost 5
Quality of fish 5
variety 5
service 5

Did I see some sick and dead fish? Yes. Sick fish had signs on tanks stating so. Dead fish we're in the process of getting netted out.

Great store if you want advise or trying to find a part for your filter that you just can't bring yourself to order online.

If it smells bad then you know you're at a pet store. They sell more than just fish.

Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-02-06, 21:48

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 2

Last edited by earthfish on 2013-05-16, 19:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-02-06, 21:50

OK,
I do like this place for their fish and shrimp I give a 5 Very Happy

Last edited by earthfish on 2013-05-16, 19:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-02-21, 16:04

overall experience 4
cost 3
quality of fish 4
variety 4
service 4
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-05-15, 13:30

This place has a great variety of fish, but I do see lots of dead or diseased fish here. I also see polypterus Teugelsi, and scarlet plecos. So I'm looking and at a tank with 2 Teugelsi bichirs in it .They are marked $69.99 .The staff is busy so I get the owner to help me. I ask him to feed the bichirs so I can decide witch one I'm going to buy. He feeds them, and I tell him to give me a second to decide witch one I'm gonna buy. He leaves and 2 seconds later some guy comes over and rips the price down and puts up a new one that says $99.99. when I tell him what the hell are you doing I'm buying that he says the owner told me to. We go find the owner and I tell him are you really gonna try and mark the price up on me after I told you I'm gonna but that? he replies its the wrong price "that was the last batch" After saying that's B.S. I'm never coming back the guy who came over with the new price says dude you can have it for $69. I have found rare fish here ,They have dickered with me on prices before. I'll go just for the rare stuff but always keep my guard up

Overall experience 1
cost 3
quality of fish 3
variety 5
service 1
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-05-15, 14:10

overall experience 3
cost 3.5
quality of fish 4
variety 4
service 4

this is generally my "go-to" store...pretty much because its on the way home, whereas the others are out of my way and with trafic being what it is, normally i just wanna go home after work...so the less running around the better...

the people are great, and they let me browse in peace far more than the folks at sierra do. ive gotten my tank and 3 of my discus there

the only downside, and it is a real downside, to this store is it seriously needs a thorough cleaning in the rear half of the store...bulk pond food has about 1/2 in layer of dead (&living) bugs in it and the rear has just piles and piles of stuff- not even aquaria related- like a storage unit exploded back there. this is an area travelled by customers...so it definately colored my initial impressions of the place

that being said, ive been happy with the tank & fish ive purchased there, along with whatever supplies and advice ive gotten from them. just wish the place were cleaner, then it really would be a must-visit LFS
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacko 2013-05-16, 19:37

@anthony

I'm sorry you found your visit to be so irritating. I'm the one who actually helped you when you visited Midway. I just want to say I find your review out of line, given that you called in earlier that day and were told 99.99 as it was a new batch, that's no B.S. After freight on that order we were lucky to break even on that fish at the 69.99 price from the previous shipment. Polypterus collectors know the worth of a teugelsi and one should be happy that we sold it for the previous shipments price, which I only did because you told me you were a WaFishboxer. You should feel lucky that you got the 99.99 bichir for a 69.99 price, not be upset that we honored a previous shipments price. That's more of a discount than I get there as an employee. I've worked here for almost 4 years now and I have always striven to make everyone walk away happy. And how you can't walk away happy with a 40% discount on your fish perplexes me.

Regards,
Alex
Jacko
Jacko
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-05-16, 21:43

So I remember when you asked me if I called earlier my reply was no because I did NOT call that day..What made me angry was the simple fact that everyone knows that its your job to get the prices right not mine. Altering the price after I say I'm buying something is bad biz. I was disappointed that you had to step in and do the right thing as the owner said nothing. And to top it off My friend bought 2 Teugelsi Bichirs for $120 a couple of weeks before. when they were marked 79.99. There was 2 others that "were not for sale" Then you guys had them for 99.99 . So its not my fault I show up to your store and there is a sign on the tank that says 69.99 IM sorry but my rating stands. I have been there several times. I have bought 2 bichirs there for$130.00 masivore pellets for$30 nightcrawlers $5 I brought my friend there from Olympia who bought the 2 bichirs for $120. who should be thankful????????????????????????
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-05-16, 22:30

OK, This needs to be done via p.m. from here on out.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacko 2013-05-16, 22:39

anthony wrote:So I remember when you asked me if I called earlier my reply was no because I did NOT call that day..
You had said no at first and then you told me you would call us AGAIN if you wanted another after I had rung you up, I take that to mean that you had indeed called earlier, or maybe it was your buddy. Either way, what follows makes this beside the point
What made me angry was the simple fact that everyone knows that its your job to get the prices right not mine.Yes, I was up here til 2:30 the morning before dealing with the order that hadn't landed til 10:30, came in the next day on my day off to make sure everything had gotten priced
Altering the price after I say I'm buying something is bad bizAlso not true, I had not been told you were going to buy one, I placed the new sticker on the tank and when you got upset I told you we'd honor the previous shipments price on 1 of them and then you tried to go even lower.
I was disappointed that you had to step in and do the right thing as the owner said nothing The owner doesn't do the fish ordering, that's my job so yeah, you caught me doing my job.
And to top it off My friend bought 2 Teugelsi Bichirs for $120 a couple of weeks before. when they were marked 79.99.And the person that sold them shouldn't have at that price, we ate money on that deal, they are marked as low as I possibly can just because I want to see more of them in the area, that's why the prices change on every order
There was 2 others that "were not for sale" Yup, those 2 are mine, I ordered them for myself and bought them for my 240g
Then you guys had them for 99.99 . So its not my fault I show up to your store and there is a sign on the tank that says 69.99You're right, and we honored that price did we not? You bought that bichir for 69.99 correct? IM sorry but my rating stands. You have every right to rate it that way i guess, but to get mad at me for doing my job and for getting a good deal... I'd understand your upset if you had paid $99.99 but you didn't.
I have been there several times. I have bought 2 bichirs there for$130.00 masivore pellets for$30 nightcrawlers $5 I brought my friend there from Olympia who bought the 2 bichirs for $120. who should be thankful????????????????????????You have spent $165 at the store, we appreciate it truly, but you are the first person in my 4 years here that is upset over getting what they wanted at a discounted price

My responses are in red.
All in all, I just can't understand how someone can be upset over getting a fish that should have been $99.99 for $69.99. I just want everyone that reads this to understand that at the end of the day you still got the fish you came up here for at the price that you wanted. Which actually happens to be 30% off, my bad... still 5% better than what us employees get.
Jacko
Jacko
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anthony 2013-05-16, 23:27

I'm not mad at anyone. I said that YOU stepped up and did the right thing. The owner is the one who negotiated that $120 deal with my friend. I'm just rating a fish store based on fish and experience. YOU feel I got the fish on a discount....I feel I got the fish for what the price tag on the tank said. You did make it right ,but I feel it should have never happened the way it did .I still gave your store a 5 for variety, and mentioned that you have rare fish. Im done with this topic. have a good one

Last edited by anthony on 2013-05-17, 18:54; edited 1 time in total
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-05-16, 23:38

What part of p.m.'s are we not understanding? Sounds like Midway and Alex made everything right. So discussion is done.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-05-17, 13:20

Awwww, but madness, it was just getting interesting *Puts the popcorn away*

Anyways....

Overall: 4
Quality of fish: 3.5
Variety: 3.5
Service: 4

Visited this place with PokeSephiroth and lars on the day of the SWAP. Dug the place for the most part. The back half was kinda dirty, but I liked their supply of tanks they had availible. I would visit again if I'm in the area.
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-05-17, 15:50

Overall: 4
Quality of fish: 3.5
Variety: 4
Service: 4

Lamental Jester, lars on, and I went there during the SAAS (Seattle Area Aquarium Swap) and I bought some Purple Cabomba from there, along with a canister filter part, that I couldn't find anywhere. Service was okay for me, and we were generally left at peace while browsing their fish. Definitely a larger collection of fish compared to other stores I've been to Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-05-20, 13:42

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 3.5
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety:4
Service: 5

The staff are great, I've yet to meet this "Alex" character that everyone recommends I meet, but apparently he's THE fish guy I'd want to talk to if I wanted anything from there.

Good prices on most of the stuff.
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-10-04, 03:48

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 3.5
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety:4
Service: 5
The staff are great, I met and dealt with Alex the fish guy. I traded fishes if I wanted anything from there. Ok prices on most of the stuff. But never had problems with them.

Back to top Go down

Midway Tropical Fish and Pets- Kent Empty Midway Fish And Pets

Post  anthony 2014-01-05, 14:51

experience 5
cost 4
quality 4
variety 4
service 5

I haven't been to midway for a long time . But even though they didn't have what I was looking for this time, The store looked better than I have ever seen it. They had a good variety of fish and I was amazed by some electric blue acaras they looked just like ebjd(I liked them more). All the tanks were bright and shiny clean and the staff was friendly and helpful . I got my usual 12 night crawlers for $2.00 and some prime. This will be my new go to spot even though it's farther away.
anthony
anthony
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next