Clogstonian
youngjazz
rattle1972
Wolf-Keeper1
15 posters

Go down

Umbee Empty Umbee

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-21, 04:45

Has anyone on here had personal experience with them? I would love to learn more about them, i heard they are only rivaled by the Dovii as far as attitude and size. But it seems that the umbee have better color throughout there life? Anyway just searching the web is all.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty Re: Umbee

Post  rattle1972 2010-07-21, 11:27

i have 6 umbees in all. 1 is a female about 4-5 inches. i have had her about 6 months. she isnt very aggressive but very territorial. she has her spot and leaves everone alone if they stay out of her spot. she never goes and chases others like my bigger festae will. but if they come into her area then she will try and destroy them, lol.

the other 5 are pretty much babies. i got them 2 months ago. they were pretty cool at first. they are starting to get very aggressive. i had them in a tank with 4 managuense, and 2 atromaculatas. had to move the 4 jags because they were getting aggressive, so i went and got 5 labridens to replace them,, the umbees killed two of them right away, 3 are being tolerated for now. then i went and got 3 cuban cichlids. (witch i have always heard to be aggressive). one lasted about a hour. the other one abotu 2 hours. and the 3rd about 2 days. i have given up on putting anything else in there...

the atro's i feel are safe. when i got them, they were taking down peackock bass twice there size in the LFS. i think they can hold there own...

i have heard incredibel stories about how aggressive they are when they get to be adults. my plan is to have a nice pair alone to themselfs in a large tank, maybe with a catfish or two. the males (next to the female festae) are the most stunning cichlid i have ever seen in my opinion.
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-21, 16:17

Hey thanks for the info! You wouldnt happen to have any pics posted here that you could link me to, do you? I would like to see how they look. Anyway thanks again, i appreciate it.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-07-22, 02:08

mine are all so small, they have not taken on any colors except the little blue freckles. i will try and get some pics when i go back to work on friday. or if you are ever in the burien area, swing into a mark of the vampire tattoo and take a look, fish people are always welcome to come shoot the shit about fish!!!

as for now. you can always do a search for quapotemel on youtube. this guy has some rediculous big central and south american cichlids. his festae spawning video has some amazing shots of his large male umbee. be sure to listen to them, the guy has some really good things to say.
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-22, 02:24

Much appreciated, i will take a look now. And if i ever am up that way i will def stop by, maybe get my Island tribal ink work done around my forearm Wink
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty Im a Umbee Mess

Post  youngjazz 2010-07-26, 21:32

I've been raising umbee for ten years now and have yet to find a better cichlid friend. I go By (Jazz) I live in The Bay area and come to Washington all the time. Im here now but will be gone in a month. I have beautiful male and female umbees right now in Auburn. I Keep my male alive in sanfrancisco with beef heart especially to bring out this beautiful color. Im selling fry fro 20bucks 510-715-4344

youngjazz
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-07-26, 22:49

ya a place for pets has them for half that price. are you the one trying to sale a male for 1200?????
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-26, 23:18

$1200 for a male Umbee? $20 for fry? I didn't know they were that expensive!

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-07-26, 23:35

Spyral wrote:$1200 for a male Umbee? $20 for fry? I didn't know they were that expensive!

they are not! rapps is selling them for 10 dollars or 8 if you buy 6.
and a place for pets has them i believe for 10.99
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-07-27, 03:55

Thanks for the headsup rattle1972, I just want to say, and I MEAN this. Real Always Recognizes Real. If i need to explain that, it's beyond you.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty I just sold that umbee for 1200 to a guy named Trea in portland .

Post  youngjaz 2010-07-30, 16:35

He knows the real Do You have one that looks like this? I have fry fro this 20"Male.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

youngjaz

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty I guess we can't post pic's.

Post  youngjaz 2010-07-30, 16:50

I know you guy's haven't s een the real deal yet talkin like that. if anyone wants to see a real Wild columbian Umbriferus I'll send you pics of my 21" male king. email me: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
There worth every penny.

youngjaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-30, 17:11

Why don't you register on the site? No one is going to trust you or even take you serious if you aren't even willing to register on the site. You can tell me they were touched by the hand of God himself, but until you have enough faith to register on the site, I am going to look at EVERYTHING you do as suspect and straight up shady!

Back to top Go down

Post  Clogstonian 2010-07-30, 18:41

Spyral wrote:Why don't you register on the site? No one is going to trust you or even take you serious if you aren't even willing to register on the site. You can tell me they were touched by the hand of God himself, but until you have enough faith to register on the site, I am going to look at EVERYTHING you do as suspect and straight up shady!

ah, that's God Herself
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-07-30, 18:54

Clogstonian wrote:ah, that's God Herself

That depends on what kind of garbage was force fed to you as a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Clogstonian 2010-07-30, 19:42

Spyral wrote:
Clogstonian wrote:ah, that's God Herself

That depends on what kind of garbage was force fed to you as a kid.

now you're speaking my language, I just didn't to go overboard and too far off thread:twisted:

Long Live Christopher Hitchens . . . he just needs a political awakening
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty Im finally on deck with this blogg.

Post  fatumbee1 2010-08-02, 17:37

im so pretty aren't I. I sold this umbee to a guy for 1200.00 like amonth ago. Im not looking for creditability form you all. The proof is in my product. I own four big males one big female and 40fry. Im the guy on craigslist selling fry to people who have know knowledge of this cichlid. This is the New band wagon. It's your move!
fatumbee1
fatumbee1
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-08-02, 17:43

fatumbee1 wrote:im so pretty aren't I. I sold this umbee to a guy for 1200.00 like amonth ago. Im not looking for creditability form you all. The proof is in my product. I own four big males one big female and 40fry. Im the guy on craigslist selling fry to people who have know knowledge of this cichlid. This is the New band wagon. It's your move!

That is a pretty fish, the one in your avatar but i smell a SCAM! I'm not paying no $1,200 for that thing! . I'm sure you would be asking for the money upfront first right? of course! lol
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-08-02, 18:24

Dunno man, I am not a fan of the Umbee's. I certainly wouldn't pay that for one. I have seen some nice ones from someone here in WA that make the one you had video of look kind of lacking. GuapoteMel's fish are pretty much the nices Umbee's I have ever seen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty Males vs females

Post  fatumbee 2010-08-07, 15:44

Everyone I've spoken with has know idea how to tell the umbee fry apart. They all sport the same costume so it's next to impossible unless thier kept in a species tank. The males will sport stripes and females will sport a spot. Male the female ratio is about 6:to:1.six or seven females to one male. Males are very scarce. Females seem to get bigger faster at first. Thats probably why everybody gets plain looking females.

fatumbee

Back to top Go down

Umbee Empty Umbriferus red tiger motoguensis, cuban cichlids are my specialty fish.

Post  fatumbee1 2010-08-10, 20:12

Every thing is a scam when it comes to merchandise. A true merchant knows how to set a good resonable price. It goes along with availability of the product. When things are hard to find the price will go up. That's basic supply and demand economics. Someone out there understands the real when they see it. Im knee deep in this game since 1995. I've seen everything come by me and have never been more moved than when I seen a "12"male Umbee go by. Thats on awsome fish. Why don't i see more of them I said? The answer is very complex. Very rare in distrabution, they grow very large. There not tolerant of tank mates. I've seen females that are not very attractive. That's what make them a specialty item. either your into them or your not. Im gonna be here for awhile. Im not out to scam any of you poor souls. I want to popularise these great beasts of the aquatic industry. There worth keeping alive until adult hood cause their forever changing colors. You lames dont have to worry about this fish. He's gone. I got other fish to bop you with. Halla!
fatumbee1
fatumbee1
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmuw 2010-08-10, 20:34

Your better off getting guaranteed High Quality from Rapps. I think "A place for Pets" orders from Rapps occasionally. Maybe the next time they order, ask to get some umbee.

Rapps has F1s: $10 each or 6@$8. Rapps actually catches the fish himself and imports it back to the states. Check out his site and community marketplace on MonsterFishKeepers.

Here's Rapps Umbee male that generated his F1s. It's also for sale (I bet not $1200)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-11, 03:15

a place for pets will not sell rapps fish for the same price they buy for though will they??? I know midway wouldnt... I had them put in a special order for some tropheus i know they paid 10 dollars a piece for, they charged me 20 bucks a piece.... I guess I didnt have to worry about shippin, etc.

I dont see a problem payin 20 bucks a piece at a retail shop, but a breeders price should be cheaper I guess..... But, look at a few people tryin to sell flowerhorn fry for 50 dollars each?? right?

glad someone is trying to spread popularity for the umbee back... even though it is overpriced... and i would never pay 1200 for a single fish wild caught or not.... thats just my two cents.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  endangered cichlids 2010-08-13, 19:37

whats up jazz its bobby , yeah theres some haters out here ... some cool some not so ..... ill be getting a couple of the umbees from you as soon as i get the 310 all set up ... i already have 4 peacock bass that r 3 inchers ready to go in it ...call me u got the #
endangered cichlids
endangered cichlids

http://www.camelotpainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fatumbee1 2010-08-30, 16:27

Haiting is a way of life for some. I don't care if Jeff Rapps jumped in the river and picked them his self Some body has to be that guy! Im the second or third or fouthhand man.The product is still the same.
fatumbee1
fatumbee1
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  sonnys503 2011-11-16, 12:36

That is one amazing Umbee!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am in the market for a nice large tank for a pair of Umbees.
sonnys503
sonnys503
FishBox Member

http://saechaophotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-11-16, 15:06

I have a 7" male F1 available. Great attitude. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-16, 15:08

I should just get that umbee from you and let him grow up in the 210g...
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-16, 15:10

A joke!

No I dont want the umbee.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-11-16, 15:30

DMD123 wrote:A joke!

No I dont want the umbee.

NO, you really should. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-16, 16:00

My tank is too small, and my wife wont let me get a bigger one...
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sonnys503 2011-11-16, 16:06

sending you pm, madness.
sonnys503
sonnys503
FishBox Member

http://saechaophotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-16, 16:15

madness has some great fish. That will be nice if you get his umbee. Very Happy
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-16, 18:55

god this whole post made me laugh so hard.. no fish is worth 1,000$ and up.. unless your paying in "won" of course (korean currency 1k is like .86)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-16, 19:43

fatumbee1 wrote:Im gonna be here for awhile. Im not out to scam any of you poor souls. I want to popularise these great beasts of the aquatic industry. There worth keeping alive until adult hood cause their forever changing colors. You lames dont have to worry about this fish. He's gone. I got other fish to bop you with. Halla!

Funny how he says "Im gonna be here for awhile" and only has like 6 posts to his name. Also what a line: "Im not out to scam any of you poor souls", that is exactly what a scammer would say!

Have to agree with Anthraxx that it was laughable.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-11-16, 22:04

Hey, when he posted it, we all had a great laugh.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-11-17, 00:01

Dumb thread.... three words OVERSIZED GREEN DEMPSEY..... I'm sorry it was going to come out adventually....... umbee are not cool, at all!!!!! They are one color, just one... at leas the common dempsey or geen terrors have a second color... maybee one day madness' umbee will change my mind. But as it sits right now umbee are boring.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-11-17, 00:22

fish_n_vw wrote:Dumb thread.... three words OVERSIZED GREEN DEMPSEY..... I'm sorry it was going to come out adventually....... umbee are not cool, at all!!!!! They are one color, just one... at leas the common dempsey or geen terrors have a second color... maybee one day madness' umbee will change my mind. But as it sits right now umbee are boring.

oversized = cool
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2011-11-17, 00:44

fish_n_vw wrote:Dumb thread.... three words OVERSIZED GREEN DEMPSEY..... I'm sorry it was going to come out adventually....... umbee are not cool, at all!!!!! They are one color, just one... at leas the common dempsey or geen terrors have a second color... maybee one day madness' umbee will change my mind. But as it sits right now umbee are boring.

you need to come see my male and youll change your mind for sure Very Happy
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-11-17, 01:04

haha haha haha Way too funny! haha haha haha
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-11-17, 02:55

I will take a video tomorrow of mine, it will change your mind. He is now pushing 12" and is really blue and his fins are awesome.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down