Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?!

4 posters

Go down

Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?! Empty Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?!

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-08, 01:36

So, as I was feeding my axolotl tank, I noticed something else moving within the plants, and at first I thought it was just a black worm, but as I inspected it further, it looked more like a fish. A FISH?! My brain went into a confused state, because I would never put any kind of fish in my axolotl tank! Then my mind tried to conclude it as some sort of guppy, but again...that would have just been impossible, as I never introduced any kind of fish in my axolotl tank...

So I looked at it even closer, and I realized that the fry's tail has an upside down Y shape to it (kinda like a fancy goldfish can sometimes get)... but that still didn't explain how it got there, until it hit me... I did transfer some of my java fern from my 55 gallon goldfish tank, into the axolotl tank, so maybe there was an egg that was attached to the java fern, and just hitchhiked onto the plant...? It explains why the water in my 55 gallon goldfish tank is always kinda "murky" no matter how often I try to do water changes in it.

This is the first time I've actually owned goldfish that actually bred... and that's the only conclusion I can think of, as to how this little fish survived, it still looks like it has its yolk sac. I tried as best as I could to get a video recording of it, because taking a picture of it is just out of the question.

Could anyone possibly identify which kind of fish this is? And if it IS some kind of goldfish...well, it looks like I'll be researching on how to keep this little thing alive.  affraid 

Here's the video (don't mind the snoring. That's Mark, in the background. I'm too lazy to edit this short video. LOL)

-=UPDATE=-

I've since then, put the little fry in a little breeder net/box back in the 40 gallon, that way it's in an unheated environment, and is protected from the axolotls... makes me wonder if there are any other fry in the axolotl tank that may still be swimming freely...hmmm...
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?! Empty Re: Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?!

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-08-08, 01:47

How bizarre and awesome all at the same time!!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?! Empty Re: Mysterious Fish Fry in my Axolotl Tank?!

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-08, 02:02

Yes. Quite. Indeed.

Mm.. Indubitably! LOL... I sure hope it survives. :\
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-08-08, 12:11

I watched this video the first time on my phone. Now that I got near a computer and can see it better I definitely think it's a goldfish fry. How awesome! It definitely has the tail shape resemblance!
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-08-08, 15:55

omg hes so cuteeeee
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-08, 15:59

Wow. Have your goldfish spawned before?
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-08, 16:00

ShortyKiloGyrl: Definitely a goldfish... question is... which of my two goldfish decided to spawn? OR... which out of my goldfish are the parents of this tiny little thing?! I WANT A PATERNITY TEST NAOOO!!! Hahahaha!!

fishyladdy: He is! I can't believe he already has a split tail. I kinda figured that they would "develop" those as they got a little older. Hahaha... Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-08, 16:01

fishNAbowl wrote:Wow. Have your goldfish spawned before?

Nope! This is the first time (in my life) where I've had goldfish spawn... and it wasn't even intentional. HOWEVER, it does explain why the water in my goldfish tank has gotten kinda cloudy, these past couple weeks. I just thought that it was from the repashy. =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-08-08, 16:04

nope its... *whispers* fishy sperm... Wink lol
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2014-08-08, 16:08

i actually had 3 gold fish that were eh like 3 inches each in my 20 i was holding them for my friend who has a pond and i had a bunch or random live plants and such in the tank anyways i new for sure one was a male and wasnt sure bout the other two. anyways they ended up spawning in the fish tank while i was holding them for her i thought it was pretty cool i ended up putting all the live plants that were in the tank in her pond so im not sure if they hatched or not. but it was pretty cool to see
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-08-08, 16:13

Fishy speeeeeeeeeerm. Ahhhhh!!! Now I feel obligated to change out their water again. Trololol!!!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down