+3
cichlid-gal
LuminousAphid
BrookAshley
7 posters

Go down

Successful Betta Community Aquarium  Empty Successful Betta Community Aquarium

Post  BrookAshley 2014-07-05, 13:32

I've started a Betta community aquarium, and they haven't eaten each other Very Happy
I believe the key is in the aquarium arrangement, well aquainting the bettas in nets next to each other (It seemed to work for me anyway), and "dithers".
Anywho I have five female crowntails, a male crown tail, a couple little cloud tetras and four (?) Gold Dust Molleys in a 20 long. They've been peacefully co-existing since last Sunday (no torn fins and no ones hiding) hopefully it will work out Smile
I'll have pictures up soon
BrookAshley
BrookAshley
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Successful Betta Community Aquarium  Empty Re: Successful Betta Community Aquarium

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-07-05, 13:51

Sounds fun, I will be watching for pics and to see how it works out. I have never done bettas myself, but have considered it.
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Successful Betta Community Aquarium  Empty Re: Successful Betta Community Aquarium

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-05, 14:49

I did a betta sorority (all females) tank and that worked quite well.  I never introduced a male to the mix with them.
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfalcons 2014-07-06, 13:16

Very nice. I have a male Betta with five Neons and a clown pleco in my 10 gallon tank and everyone seems to get along fine. I used to want a Betta in a planted bowl but now I'm happy I put him in the 10 gallon planted with other fish to interact with. Most I've seen happen is just a little chase here and there that last for a couple seconds.

Flyfalcons
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-07-06, 14:43

Post up a video or some pictures, it sounds like a cool setup
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  BrookAshley 2014-07-06, 22:34

I added a male black orchid half moon a couple hours after posting and they're all still getting along Smile
He's very releaxed, that might be it.
I'll start posting pics and videos tommorow Smile

BrookAshley
BrookAshley
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BrookAshley 2014-07-06, 22:44

#Flyfalcons
In my experiences with bettas (as them being one of my favorites), some do well an benifit from companions of all species and others have the typical "Betta Disposition" and chew fins
It all depends on the fish lol, I've been working on familiarizing the females for the last couple of months. However the males I kinda just threw in and pulled up a chair to supervise and make sure nobody got chew happy
BrookAshley
BrookAshley
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-07-07, 00:39

How exciting! Back when I was into breeding bettas I had a 40gal tank that I housed all my females. I think I had 30ish females? Anyway never had any issues and was actually impressed how colorful they appear when en mass. PIC PIC PIC!!!!
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  BrookAshley 2014-07-09, 15:13

I had to remove the Black halfmoon, he decided he wanted to be the king of the aquarium lol.

Does anyone know how to add videos?
BrookAshley
BrookAshley
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-07-10, 18:51

Youtube button, that's the one I use
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-07-10, 21:16

Sweet a male betta tank... Love to see it ir just a pic of your orchid
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down