Koi/Pond Owner new to FishBox!

3 posters

Go down

Koi/Pond Owner new to FishBox! Empty Koi/Pond Owner new to FishBox!

Post  koiguy 2014-06-17, 18:37

Hi Everyone, excited to be apart of the community here.  Our new home in Shoreline, WA. (richmond beach) came with a 3000 gallon koi pond that was 8 years neglected and 3 fish.  Spent the last year doing a complete restoration and adding fish.  Fully addicted and loving the hobby!!!  Still have soooo much to learn though.  My wife and 3 kids and I are really enjoying the fish and time we spend working on the pond.  I would really love to meet any other Shoreline area Koi owners.  I get freaked out occasionally about something and dont feel like I know where to turn too without having to drive 40 minutes to a koi dealer.  It'd be awesome for those of us in the local area that have Koi, or know the hobby, to be a resource to each other, and maybe even tour each others ponds to glean some knowledge.  I started a facebook page for anyone that wants to be a part of that as a means to connect.  (facebook.com/shorelinekoi)  Also, big THANK YOU to Cory at the Aquarium Co-op for stocking Koi now and koi food.  And for the referral to Fishbox!

Koi/Pond Owner new to FishBox! 10454543_644132019012331_6280686794799075052_n
koiguy
koiguy
Fry

Back to top Go down

Koi/Pond Owner new to FishBox! Empty Re: Koi/Pond Owner new to FishBox!

Post  MRTom 2014-06-17, 19:10

VERY NICE! Welcome to the box. I love the fact you chose to restore the pond rather than remove it. Hope this pond really takes off for you!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-06-18, 00:19

Welcome. Sounds like you put alot of work into the revamp and now have a great pond. I don't have koi so I'm no help there but I think there are a few folks on the forum that have them. Hope you make some "koi" connections Smile
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down