Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado"

3 posters

Go down

Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado" Empty Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado"

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-26, 14:34

Been growing 2 large stems of this plant for a couple months now. The stems are starting to look like a pine tree. Unlike other Ludwigia species the stems seems more rigid and has no side shoot roots. Most side shoots are about 3" long . I am thinking it's time to clip side shoots and plant.

Has anyone here have experience with this plant? Should I clip it like other Ludwigia species? Just clip the side shoot at the main stem, clip off a few leaves off the base, then plant? These stems where a bit pricey as stems go so I was hoping for input from those with experience.  

Any input appreciated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado" Empty Re: Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado"

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-05-26, 15:47

I grow it, I do what your suggesting. Cut and plant like other stems. Slower grower for me but a very cool plant.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado" Empty Re: Ludwigia inclinata sp. "curly/tornado"

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-26, 16:36

Thanks for jumping in Daniel. Okay, I'll go for it then. Both stems have about 8-10 shoots combined. Should make a good patch of twisty Ludwigia.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2014-05-28, 21:21

I got it at the aquarium co-op plant swap, and then killed it pretty quickly. I wasn't doing a good job of taking care of my tank at the time, and kept skipping out on getting more fertilizer. diatoms and probably too much water movement killed it
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-28, 21:25

LuminousAphid wrote:I got it at the aquarium co-op plant swap, and then killed it pretty quickly. I wasn't doing a good job of taking care of my tank at the time, and kept skipping out on getting more fertilizer. diatoms and probably too much water movement killed it
UT OH, I just moved the clippings and main stems under my water return. I'll defiantly pay extra attention with the added water current.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down