Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics)

5 posters

Go down

Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics) Empty Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics)

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 16:05

So I got a new phone with a pretty nice camera. Better than my others have been. And I was finally able to get some good pics of my female zebra obliquiden who was born with a deformity. She never developed a top lip and her bottom lip over compensated. She was going to be killed because of it so I took her in and put her in my 75 gallon community tank. I figure she can't nip because of the deformity, nor can she eat pellets. I figured an okay life with flake food is better than death because of the way she looks. She has thrived (thankfully) on Ken's Premium Tropical Fish Flakes and seems to be quite happy with her tank mates. She is able to suck the flake in rather than getting pellets stuck in her deformed mouth. I love how she looks like she has blue lipstick on and rockin' it on that bottom lip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics) Empty Re: Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics)

Post  DMD123 2014-05-23, 16:16

Looks kind of like a little bulldog.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics) Empty Re: Deformed (at birth) female Zebra Obliquiden (pics)

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 16:24

Maybe that's why I had a soft spot for her from birth. She kinda look like my Boxer girl, Kai. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-23, 16:25

haha  They do look alike!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 16:28

I have a soft spot for boxers, bulldogs, and staffordshire terriers. I love their wrinkly faces Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-23, 16:56

^ I like Fishkeepers like this. Not always into the pure breed select fish but an eye for the underdog...er fish and giving it a quality existence. Way to go ShoryKyloGyrl Smile
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2014-05-23, 17:02

great looking little fish (dispite the setbacks) always had a soft spot for the genetic anomalies myself. had a discus back in the day with a deformed mouth, only opened to the left and always reminded me of like an al capone era gangster with a cigar. (named it Mugsy, Meah Sheee!) anyways GL with your fish, IMO give her a name.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 17:04

fishNAbowl wrote:^ I like Fishkeepers like this. Not always into the pure breed select fish but an eye for the underdog...er fish and giving it a quality existence. Way to go ShoryKyloGyrl Smile

Thanks Very Happy Everyone in this tank except for angels, one pictus, one pleco and 3 gold skirt tetras are all rescues from someone who wasn't interested in tetra's anymore. So in my tank they went. I do alot of that. I have an emporer and a xray in another tank the same way. I wasn't originally getting the GSP either but the girl was moving and needed it gone so home with me it came lol. I was going to rescue another GSP that was deformed from a fish store but when I went back after doing some food shopping they were closed Sad Made me a little sad.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 17:06

Anthraxx wrote:great looking little fish (dispite the setbacks) always had a soft spot for the genetic anomalies myself. had a discus back in the day with a deformed mouth, only opened to the left and always reminded me of like an al capone era gangster with a cigar. (named it Mugsy, Meah Sheee!) anyways GL with your fish, IMO give her a name.

When it was just a fry we started calling it Harry and it stuck with even after finding out it was a female. She laid eggs in my community tank and managed to get a few in her mouth and hold them for a day but they weren't fertilized so out they went.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-05-23, 21:53

Aww, that's nice that she gets to live out her life.  

I had a deformed albino greshakei that had a hunched back and he was born without an eye. A weird looking little thing and I probably should have euthanized him, but couldn't bring myself to do it.  He had no problem eating and getting around the tank.  Lived for a few years before he died.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-23, 22:08

Oh wow. Reminds me of the blind cave fish.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down